Being a parent is a tough job. Keeping your child safe is of the utmost priority for a parent. Having the best baby crib is a critical piece of your nursery.
With all of the baby cribs available today, it can be a bit overwhelming trying to compare and decide between the various models, features on cribs. Good news for you, we’re here to make this decision as easy as possible for you!
- 12 Best Baby Cribs 2017
- 1. Bratt Decor joy baby crib distressed white
- 2. babyletto Hudson 3-in-1 Convertible Crib with Toddler Rail
- 3. Thomasville Kids Southern Dunes Lifestyle 4-in-1 Convertible Crib
- 4. DaVinci Kalani 4-in-1 Convertible Crib with Toddler Rail and Twilight Crib Mattress
- 5. Delta Children Canton 4-in-1 Crib
- 6. Stork Craft Tuscany 4-in-1 Convertible Crib
- 7. Dream On Me 4 in 1 Aden Convertible Mini Crib
- 8. Stork Craft Hillcrest Fixed Side Convertible Crib
- 9. Graco Freeport 4-in-1 Convertible Crib
- 10. Union 4-in-1 Convertible Crib + Davinci Twilight Hypoallergenic Deluxe Crib Mattress
- 11. Delta Children Portable Mini Crib
- 12. DaVinci Alpha Mini Rocking Crib
What Should You Look At When Buying a New Baby Crib?
What are the most important features when buying a baby crib? Knowing the different features of a baby crib and why they are important is critical to helping you decide between various models. If you don’t know what the features do or why they are important, then how can you compare them?
Keeping your baby safe is extremely important. Did you know that according to the CDC, 4000 infants each year in the US die from SIDS better known as Sudden Infant Death Syndrome? It’s when a baby unexpectedly dies. Imagine this. You wake up one day. You walk up to your gorgeous baby crib and you suddenly see your baby still. He isn’t breathing. The color fades away from your face as you realize that your child has passed away. Just like that. That is the horror of SIDS. It is your responsibility to do what it takes to prevent this at all costs.
Many cases of SIDs are attributed to unsafe sleeping environments. This includes your baby crib.
Here are some several things you can do to keep your baby safe inside his crib.
- Do NOT put any accessories in your baby crib. According to the American Academy of Pediatrics one half of infants sleep in “potentially hazardous bedding. “The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) recommends babies sleep in a crib with no loose bedding or soft objects, which can pose a suffocation risk.
- This means no stuffed animals, bumpers, pillows or even blankets. (The reason why that is this can affect your child’s breathing. A blanket is unsafe since he can be tangled in it and get harmed. Alternative to blankets if you swaddle your baby. (Tightly wrap a piece of clothing around your baby.) Wearable blankets and pajamas will be sufficient enough to keep your baby safe. This will dramatically reduce your chances of your child dying from accidental suffocation.
- When laying your baby to rest. Be sure to NOT let him rest on his stomach. It is important that he is sleeping on his back. Make sure he rests on a firm surface like a safety approved crib mattress. The risk of SIDS happening are lower if you do this.
- Breastfeed your baby as long as possible. This reduces the rate of SIDS.
- Don’t smoke around your baby! This should be common sense by now
- Make sure your crib has a JPMA certificate. JPMA or the Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association is an organization that carefully reviews each crib to see if they meet safe standards for every baby in the country. Luckily for you the top three baby cribs are all JPMA certified!
Remember keeping your baby safe is your highest priority! Apply these tips and you will reduce the risk of SIDS happening to your little one.
Having a convertible crib is highly convenient as your little one grows. You save thousands of dollars if you get a convertible crib as they can convert into a wide variety of beds. Just make sure to get their respective conversion kits!
3. Easy assembly
You don’t want the hassle of assembling your crib for hours on end. Luckily for you the three best baby cribs all have reported low assembly time. So you don’t have to worry!
What is the best Baby Crib on the market? There are tons of Baby Cribs out there, we did a lot of research on Baby Cribs to save your precious time. Here is our best Baby Cribs list of 2017:
1. Bratt Decor joy baby crib distressed white
The Joy iron baby crib is classic and timeless. The elegant design of the circular casting and hand distressing make this crib work in any interior from modern to ornate. This luxury crib is perfectly neutral and works for either boy or girl. The distressed white finish will never go out of style and will easily match any decor. Extend the life of the crib by purchasing the daybed conversion kit or toddler bed conversion kit to carry into your child’s toddler years. All Bratt Decor cribs are rigorously test and comply with all current US regulations. Crib offers 3 heights for the mattress.
2. babyletto Hudson 3-in-1 Convertible Crib with Toddler Rail
Delight in mid-century modern appeal with the Hudson 3-in-1 Convertible Crib. Stylish rounded spindles bring a simple charm, and give the Hudson Crib an open, radiant feel. The all-spindle sides let you keep an eye on baby from all angles, while four adjustable mattress positions allow you to maximize comfort and safety for both you and baby. The Hudson 3-in-1 Convertible Crib converts to both a toddler bed (rail included) and daybed, and is solidly built from sustainable New Zealand pine wood. Whether you prefer a contemporary or time-honored palette for your nursery, Hudson has you covered; choose between a modern grey crib, clean white, or a new take on family-friendly white/espresso two-tone.
3. Thomasville Kids Southern Dunes Lifestyle 4-in-1 Convertible Crib
The Thomasville Kids Southern Dunes Lifestyle 4-in-1 Convertible Crib may be the only bed your child will ever need. The Southern Dunes Lifestyle 4-in-1 Convertible Crib has fixed sides for added safety, and a height-adjustable steel mattress spring to accommodate your growing child. It converts from a crib to a toddler bed, daybed, and finally to a full size bed to offer an amazing value. The crib is available in multiple, non toxic finishes and is designed to be paired with the Thomasville Kids Southern Dunes Changing Table. The Thomasville Kids Southern Dunes Lifestyle 4-in-1 Convertible Crib is JPMA certified and is compliant with all CPSC and ASTM safety standards to ensure the safest sleeping environment for your child.
4. DaVinci Kalani 4-in-1 Convertible Crib with Toddler Rail and Twilight Crib Mattress
DaVinci Kalani 4-in-1 convertible crib with toddler rail: greenguard gold certified – screened for 360 vocs and over 10,000 chemicals; finished in non-toxic multi-step painting process, lead and phthalate safe. Meets astm international and U.S. Cpsc safety standards; made of 100% sustainable New Zealand pine wood. Converts to toddler bed, daybed and full-size bed (full-size bed conversion kit sold separately). Toddler bed conversion kit included; four adjustable mattress positions. max weights: toddler bed = 50 lbs, full-size bed = 500 lbs; slat strength: 135 lbs.
Davinci Twilight Hypoallergenic Universal Fit Waterproof 6-Inch Ultra Firm Deluxe Crib Mattress.
5. Delta Children Canton 4-in-1 Crib
Truly timeless, the Canton 4-in-1 Crib from Delta Children is embellished with a sleek, sleigh-style headboard, beautifully curved legs, plus a versatile design that converts from a multi-positional crib to a toddler bed, daybed and full size bed. Creating a warm and welcoming space, it’s not only aesthetically pleasing, it’s extremely safe-JPMA certified, it has gone though rigorous testing to ensure your baby’s safety for years to come.
6. Stork Craft Tuscany 4-in-1 Convertible Crib
The beautiful solid construction of the Tuscany 4 in 1 stages crib by Stork Craft, with its magical sleigh design, makes this a royal centerpiece for your nursery. All four sides are stationary and include an adjustable one piece mattress support base to add to the security and stability of this versatile crib. It has a well built construction made of solid wood and wood products, offered in a selection of non toxic, durable finishes. Designed for multiple stages of life, it converts from a full size stages crib to a toddler bed, to a daybed, to a full-size bed (bed rails not included). Complete your nursery look by adding an assortment of matching accessories: a changing table, chest, dresser or Tuscany glider and ottoman by Stork Craft. Set-up this extravagant piece effortlessly with it’s easy to follow directions into a crib that’s perfect for your baby’s sweet, delicate slumber.
7. Dream On Me 4 in 1 Aden Convertible Mini Crib
The Dream On Me Aden Convertible 4-in-1 Mini crib is a beautifully designed crib that gracefully matures gracefully with your child from infancy, through childhood to adulthood. With its robust good looks and solid frame this crib features a stationary ( non-drop side) rail design which provides the utmost in product safety. For ease in reaching your baby, it sits low to the floor and features the convenience of a 3 position, adjustable mattress support system. Stylish and sturdy, this lovely piece of nursery furniture grows with your child transitioning easily into a toddler daybed, and twin size bed (twin size bed frame and twin mattress not included). Available in a variety of stylish finish, Coordinates with the Dream on Me Marcus Changing Table and Dresser. All tools for assembly included. Accommodates a Dream On Me portable crib mattress measuring 38″x24″ sold separately.
8. Stork Craft Hillcrest Fixed Side Convertible Crib
The beautifully crafted Storkcraft Hillcrest Fixed Side Convertible Crib has a modern look and design that is both trendy and functional. Not only does this crib look great but the Hillcrest will grow with your child as it can be converted to a day bed and full size bed providing your child with years full of enjoyment. The Storkcraft Hillcrest crib is made from quality and attractive wood and wood products and will safely fit any standard size crib mattress. This crib also features three height adjustable mattress levels for your convenience. All Storkcraft cribs are JPMA Certified and PTPA (Parent Tested, Parent Approved) Approved.
9. Graco Freeport 4-in-1 Convertible Crib
Carefully crafted, the Graco Freeport 4-in-1 Convertible Crib is simple and functional. The practical design of the Freeport 4-in-1 Convertible Crib provides a transitional look for your nursery. It features stationary side rails for a safe sleeping environment for your baby with a mattress platform that adjusts to three different heights depending on the height of your baby. This crib transitions easily to a toddler bed, daybed and full-size headboard. The Graco Freeport 4-in-1 Convertible Crib is JPMA certified and is compliant with all CPSC and ASTM safety standards to ensure the safest sleeping environment for your child.
10. Union 4-in-1 Convertible Crib + Davinci Twilight Hypoallergenic Deluxe Crib Mattress
Union 3-in-1 Convertible Crib: converts to daybed and full-sized bed (M4799 conversion kit sold separately); JPMA certified; meets ASTM international and U.S. CPSC safety standards; Non-toxic, lead and phthalate safe finish; Four adjustable mattress levels; Made with New Zealand pine wood.
Davinci Twilight Hypoallergenic Universal Fit Waterproof 6-Inch Ultra Firm Deluxe Crib Mattress.
11. Delta Children Portable Mini Crib
This Delta 3-in-1 foldable portable crib offers the ultimate in style, safety, functionality and convenience. A smaller item altogether (uses about 35% less space than a full-size crib), it’s perfect for smaller spaces such as apartments, second homes or a night at the Grandparents. The crib features a 1 inch waterproof mattress and adjustable 2 position mattress support that allows the crib to be used as a bassinet, changer and/or play pen. Hooded caster wheels allow it to be moved easily from one room to another and because it’s compact it fits easily through any doorway. When not in use the crib folds up to a mere 6 inches wide in minutes and can be stored away easily in a closet or under a bed. It’s lightweight, very sturdy and built of solid hardwoods featuring a gorgeous (non-toxic) finish. This crib meets or exceeds all JPMA and ASTM safety standards and contains no lead. Minimal assembly required.
12. DaVinci Alpha Mini Rocking Crib
Be big in style and function with DaVinci’s Alpha Mini Rocking Crib. With the wheels off, gently rock baby to bed right in the crib with Alpha Mini Crib’s comforting, rocking feature. Rocking stops easily let you set your crib at a sturdy standstill. With the wheels on, Moms and Dads can easily move Alpha around the home to keep baby nearby. With its space-saving size, Alpha Mini Rocking Crib comfortably fits through standard doorways. With baby’s safety in mind, Alpha is solidly built with a sturdy structure and strong slats. Meets ASTM international and U.S. CPSC safety standards. Made of sustainable New Zealand pine wood and CARB II compliant MDF. Finished in non-toxic multi-step painting process, lead and phthalate safe. Four adjustable mattress positions; Slat strength: 149 lbs; 1 Year Warranty. Attachable/detachable wheels; 1” waterproof pad included.