- Buying Guide: Types of Bathroom Scale
- 1. Digital Bathroom Scales
- 2. Mechanical Bathroom Scales
- 1. Withings Wireless Scale WS-30
- 2. Tanita HD351 Digital Scale with Memory Function
- 3. Greater Goods Weight Gurus Bluetooth Smart Connected Body Fat Scale
- 4. EatSmart Precision Premium Digital Bathroom Scale with 3.5″ LCD
- 5. Yunmai Premium FDA Listed 2 Million Users Bluetooth Body Fat Scale
- 6. My Weigh Xl-700 Talking Bathroom Scale 700 Lb 320kg
- 7. Health O Meter Pro Raised Dial Scale
- 8. Health o meter® Professional 160LB Mechanical Floor Medical Scale
Buying Guide: Types of Bathroom Scale
1. Digital Bathroom Scales
A sleek digital scale will bring a touch of sophistication to your bathroom floor as well as help you get and stay healthy. When looking for a digital bathroom scale, here are a few things you should focus on:
You can still find simple digital scales but newer scales are “smart” because they offer wireless connections, online tracking, and additional information. These scales can help you set and achieve goals by providing you with all the information you need.
In addition to a Wi-Fi connection and the capability to track your progress, the top home scales will offer a number of measuring functions, specifically readings for weight, BMI, body fat, or more exotic measurements like water weight, hydration percentages, or bone mass.
If more than one person intends to use the scale look for a model that has a memory for several users.
Ease of Use
Some high test scales have so many features that using them can be overwhelming. If you’re comfortable working with all the controls then these can meet your needs. But keep in mind that you need to buy a bathroom scale that works for you.
The display area is an important design feature. Look for a scale that displays numbers large enough for you to see when you’re standing on it. An LCD with a backlight will make the numbers easier to read.
Many home scales have slim profiles and fit well into smaller spaces. Some are transparent, which helpful if you have a small space, since clear scales don’t fill your visual space.
If the bathroom scale you are considering promotes itself as a smart scale then it connects to your Smartphone or Tablet. Most smart digital bathroom scales send the data obtained by the scale directly to an app. make sure that your phone or tablet supports the required app.
2. Mechanical Bathroom Scales
Low end mechanical scales utilize springs and usually display readings with a needle on a dial face. Analog scales also measure weight in larger increments than digital scales making it harder to see small changes. These scales are the least costly type and generally are priced at between twenty and fifty dollars.
Professional Mechanical Scales
High end mechanical scales are found in gyms and doctors’ offices. These are more accurate than those designed for home use. That’s because these scales employ a sturdier mechanical parts and have a heavy-duty lever arm to calculate weight rather than the springs typically used in low end analog scales. They also have larger weight limits, usually up to five hundred pounds.
Check out the 8 Best Bathroom Scales on the market right now:
1. Withings Wireless Scale WS-30
2. Tanita HD351 Digital Scale with Memory Function
3. Greater Goods Weight Gurus Bluetooth Smart Connected Body Fat Scale
6. My Weigh Xl-700 Talking Bathroom Scale 700 Lb 320kg
7. Health O Meter Pro Raised Dial Scale