We all know a great cup of coffee can really brighten up your day. Coffee can also get you through the nights and help you get through stressful periods without feeling powerless. There are several types of coffeemakers out there, each and every one being advertised as the best of its kind. Choosing the right one can be a really tough decision especially when it is humanly impossible to taste the product of each and every one of them. Even so, we decided to put together a list of things to consider when purchasing a coffeemaker. Our buying guide is based on common questions asked by our readers.
- Why should I get a drip coffeemaker?
- Why should I get a pod coffeemaker?
- Why should I get an espresso maker?
- What features to look for in a coffeemaker?
- 11 Best Coffee Makers 2017
- #1. DeLonghi Silver Lattissima Plus Nespresso Capsule System
- #2. BUNN 33200.0015 VPR-2GD 12-Cup Pourover Commercial Coffee Brewer
- #3. Bonavita BV1800 8-Cup Coffee Maker with Glass Carafe
- #4. Beko Turkish Coffee Maker (Usa 120 Volt)
- #5. Black & Decker CM5000B 12-Cup Mill and Brew Coffeemaker
- #6. Mr. Coffee BVMC-PSTX91 Optimal Brew 10-Cup Thermal Coffeemaker
- #7. Zojirushi EC-DAC50 Zutto 5-Cup Drip Coffeemaker
- #8. BELLA 13911 Dots Collection 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker
- #9. OXO Good Grips Cold Brew Coffee Maker
- #10. Melitta 10-Cup Coffee Maker with Vacuum Stainless Thermal Carafe (46894A)
- #11. Hamilton Beach 12-Cup Digital Coffee Maker, Stainless Steel (46201)
Why should I get a drip coffeemaker?
The drip coffeemaker is the most popular product of its kind. It has the simplest of designs and it is easy to use. Despite not being able to provide a large variety of coffee based drinks, it is still is a great choice. All you need here is to add water and change the filter every once in a while. We recommend going for a more advanced model called the Bonavita BV1800 Coffee Maker. Find out more about it by reading the reviews below.
Why should I get a pod coffeemaker?
These are the latest devices when it comes to coffee making. Despite being more expensive and a bit more complex, they can surely compete for the title of best coffee makers. The great thing about this type of appliance is that it does not make a mess. All you do is push some buttons and replace the pods which come in all sorts of flavors.
Why should I get an espresso maker?
There are several types of espresso makers currently available on the market. The simplest to use is the stovetop. You can opt for both manual and electric mechanisms. The best thing about this type of coffeemaker is that it grinds its own beans so you get the freshest coffee possible. Some such devices use pods but that kind of defies the whole purpose of using an espresso maker.
What features to look for in a coffeemaker?
The best coffee maker should come with a few standard features. Get a device with pause and serve. Also look for one that has an auto shutoff feature. If you go for a drip coffeemaker get a spare carafe as it can be really annoying finding one a few years later when you’ve cracked the original.
Go for a device which has a self-cleaning cycle. It will increase the lifespan of your purchase. If you really love coffee, get a device which grinds its own coffee. There is nothing like a fresh cup of coffee.
Try finding a device with lots of programmable options. Even though your coffeemaker may not be that smart, it can still come up with a nice cup of coffee after you provide a little help with the temperature setting for example. Do some research on how hot should the water be and program it so as it maintains that particular temperature throughout the brewing process.
What is the best Coffee Maker on the market today? There are tons of Coffee Makers out there, we did a lot of research on Coffee Makers to save your precious time and money. Here are our best Coffee Makers 2017:
#1. DeLonghi Silver Lattissima Plus Nespresso Capsule System
- With the De’Longhi EN520 Lattissima Plus, you can create espresso drinks at home with the touch of a button
- This automatic espresso machine offers a range of features for fast and easy lattes, cappuccinos, hot milk, and more
- With Nespresso coffee capsules and a One Touch Automatic Cappuccino System, this easy-to-use machine creates your drink right into a cup or glass
- It even features self-cleaning functions
- Lattissima Plus comes with a fully stocked welcome kit that includes Nespresso coffee capsules
Pros: great small and compact coffee maker, can fit in kitchen easily, very easy to use and keep clean, the water tank is large, makes perfect foamed milk, it heats up within a minute or two, coffee comes out quickly and hot, makes excellent cappuccino and espresso, tastes very good …
Cons: the size of the coffee is small …
#2. BUNN 33200.0015 VPR-2GD 12-Cup Pourover Commercial Coffee Brewer
- The BUNN 33200.0015 VPR-2GD 12-Cup Pourover Commercial Coffee Brewer with Two Warmers, Upper and Lower and Two Glass Decanters in Black is an integral part of any ofﬁce coffee service program
- Totally portable, the brewer can be used anywhere there’s a plug!
- Just pour cold water in the top and coffee brews immediately, up to 3.8 gallons per hour directly into the included standard 12-cup (64-ounce) decanters
- It’s attractive, black finish allows for quick and easy clean up and the SplashGuard funnel protects the user from burns
- Includes two Easy Pour glass decanters
Pros: really a super way to make coffee, great for office or small business, comes with two coffee cups, the coffeemaker makes a perfect pot every day, brews incredibly quickly, coffee for a crowd in a hurry, doesn’t get that old taste after a couple of hours …
Cons: a little noisy …
- The Bonavita Exceptional Brew 8-Cup Coffee Maker is a German-engineered coffee maker with a glass carafe that brews coffee to ideal coffee standards of water temperature, contact time, and coffee grounds saturation
- A 1400W thermal block heater achieves proper water temperature quickly, and a separate keep-warm heater keeps your brew hot, with a 2-hour safety auto shut off
- Get a perfect cup of coffee, every time
- The German-engineered brewing system features a 1400-watt heater raises water to an ideal brewing temperature (205 degrees F / 96 degrees C) quickly and efficiently
- Exceptional Brew offers exceptional performance, brewing 8 cups (5 oz. cups) in just 5-6 minutes
- A separate 55W keep-warm heater maintains coffee temperature for up to two hours, with an auto shut off feature
- The easy-to-fill water tank has a wide opening and clear markings for exact water filling, and the unique boiler heater releases water only when it achieves an ideal coffee brewing temperature of 200-205 degrees F
Pros: all plastic is BPA-free, easy to use and clean, the water temp is perfect, taste is wonderful, delicious coffee, the thermal carafe keeps coffee ready to drink for hours, love the automatic shut off feature, finally a coffe pot that don’t burn your coffee, recommend this no frills coffee maker to anyone that loves great coffee …
Cons: wish it was a little larger …
#4. Beko Turkish Coffee Maker (Usa 120 Volt)
- Options to make 1 to three cups of coffee
- Illuminated boiling dish. Measuring spoon enabling the right amount of coffee to be used
- Fully foamy Turkish coffee reflecting the traditional taste
- Easy coffee cooking with single button
- Occupies little space with its compact design
- The technology that provides cooking coffee at the best taste
- Audible and illuminated warning showing the boiling status
- Household use only
- This machine is designed for US outlets (120V) only
- Power: 720W 6A – Voltage: 120V 60Hz – Box Dimensions: 24 x 20 x 26.5cm
- Gross Weight: 2,520g (5.6lbs)
Pros: it’s a bargain at the price, saves time and accuracy, small enough to place on a countertop, works with 110V despite being made in Europe is a big plus, it makes great Turkish and Armenian coffee, it takes about 30 sec to finish, perfect for 2 people, coffee taste wonderful, cleanup is a breeze …
Cons: they used plastic brewing pot lined with what looks like metal …
#5. Black & Decker CM5000B 12-Cup Mill and Brew Coffeemaker
- Discover the coffeemaker that’s as sophisticated as your tastes
- The Black & Decker CM5000B 12-Cup Mill & Brew Coffeemaker turns your favorite whole beans into a satisfying cup that’s as strong or as mild as you want it
- The QuickTouch programming panel includes controls for brew strength, time settings, and an auto brew feature that lets you wake up to fresh coffee every morning
- The bronze tone permanent filter removes the need for wasteful paper filters, and it’s attached to the integrated grinder
- Both are completely removable and easy to clean
- The Duralife carafe holds up to 12 cups and the clear-view window makes it easy to see how much water is in the machine
Pros: the price on this coffeemaker is truly outstanding for all that you receive, easy to clean and easy controls, it makes a big pot of coffee, coffee taste fresh, love that you don’t need paper filters, built-in grinder is situated above the coffee pot, the coffee grinder was fast and not very loud …
Cons: wish the carafe was of steel and not of glass, would like is a insulated metal pot to keep the coffee hot …
#6. Mr. Coffee BVMC-PSTX91 Optimal Brew 10-Cup Thermal Coffeemaker
- Good taste is no longer optional – It’s required
- The new Optimal Brew thermal coffeemaker from Mr. Coffee will brew faster and hotter than your average coffeemaker
- These two elements combine to provide the fullest, richest, flavor extraction and making a better cup of coffee
- The stainless steel vacuum insulated carafe will help keep coffee hot for hours on your counter top or at your table
- A removable water reservoir will allow you to fill the water in your coffeemaker without cooling down the coffee carafe or having to move your coffeemaker from under the counter
Pros: great coffeemaker for the price, the carafe and the slim design fits kitchen counter nicely, it heats the water to the perfect temperature and does it very quick, love how it holds warm coffee for hours, stays hot for a long time without making it taste burn …
Cons: it did not include the permanent filter …
#7. Zojirushi EC-DAC50 Zutto 5-Cup Drip Coffeemaker
- The Zutto collection is Zojirushi’s first collection of products that is designed and developed as a series of products
- The concept of the Zutto collection was born as a result of the collaboration between Zojirushi and an interior designer in Japan
- Unlike other Zojirushi products, the physical body of the Zutto was designed first, then the inner technology
- Zutto (Zoot-tow), meaning “always” in Japanese, is designed to be enjoyed and used universally, for any occasion, anytime
- This new Zutto Drip Coffee Maker is a convenient 5 cup size
Pros: easy to handle and clean up, brews small amount of coffee quick, gets the water hot enough, smooth, delicious cup of coffee, filter easy to remove and run under the water, perfect brewing with no mess, perfect for one or two people …
Cons: wish there was the automatic shut-off button, wish could grab a cup during brewing but you can’t …
#8. BELLA 13911 Dots Collection 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker
- Get your morning off to the right start with the Dots Programmable 12-Cup Coffee Maker
- This fully programmable coffee maker brews coffee when and how you like it, thanks to its countdown timer and brew-strength settings
- If you can’t wait to take that first sip, the pause-and-serve feature lets you pour a cup while the coffee is still brewing
- A permanent filter spares you the expense and waste of disposable filters, while the non-stick, stain-resistant warming plate makes cleanup fast and easy
- Available in a variety of vibrant colors with a dot design, the Dots Programmable Coffee Maker instantly brightens up any space
Pros: priced well, nice looking, love the color variety they have, sweet little coffeemaker, comes with a reusable filter, love the programming feature, makes a tasty cup of coffee, keeps coffee good and hot till the last cup, easy to clean, love the automatic turnoff …
Cons: makes quite a bit of noise when starts, a little hard to fill with water …
#9. OXO Good Grips Cold Brew Coffee Maker
- The cold-brew process is known for delivering smooth, low-acid coffee
- Since the grounds never come in contact with hot water, the result is a less acidic, less bitter flavor
- Steeping the grounds in cold water releases only the most aromatic flavors and the concentrate created from the cold-brew process stays fresh longer than regular coffee
- Cold Brew Coffee Maker simplifies the cold-brew process with its unique features
- For example, the Rainmaker ensures water is distributed evenly over coffee grounds, the Brew-Release Switch is easily accessible and allows you to stop and start the draining process and the stainless steel ultra-fine mesh filter is removable for easy cleaning
- The Coffee Maker has all the hard work covered – all you have to do is add coffee grounds and water
- Once you make the concentrate, you can add ice and water for iced coffee or hot water or milk for hot coffee
- Tea-lover? You can use the same process to cold brew tea!
- With a flick of a switch, our stainless steel filter strains your favorite tea into a sealable, glass carafe
- For best results, use coarsely ground coffee with the OXO Cold Brew Coffee Maker
- Finer grounds may prevent the Coffee Maker from draining properly
Pros: amazing coffee cold or hot, compact storage, super easy to use, relatively easy to clean, push the button when you need some cold brew, makes smooth and flavorful coffee, recommend it to any iced coffee connoisseur …
Cons: bulky cold brew coffee maker, there are a lot of big parts to find storage space for but definitely worth it if you want to cold brew your own coffee …
#10. Melitta 10-Cup Coffee Maker with Vacuum Stainless Thermal Carafe (46894A)
- Next time you say, “Let’s go get coffee,” think twice about rushing out to the coffeehouse, local shop or drive-thru to purchase some coffee and guzzling it down
- Creating the perfect cup is something special to be savored
- Something delightfully indulgent and memorable, something that evokes every sentiment of an authentic European café
- That’s the promise of Melitta
- Intelligent design, detailed craftsmanship, full-bodied flavor and a sensuous experience in every sip
- 10 cup vacuum-sealed, thermal carafe with thumb-activated pouring (no need to twist the lid)
- Choose among regular, bold and robust settings for complete control over your coffee’s taste
- Cone-shaped filter basket swings out for easy access and offers optimal coffee extraction
- Programmable to let you brew coffee automatically in the morning
- Pause & serve feature lets you pour a cup before coffee is finished brewing
#11. Hamilton Beach 12-Cup Digital Coffee Maker, Stainless Steel (46201)
- Hamilton Beach 12 Cup coffee makers make consistently fresh, flavorful coffee — whether you’re brewing a few cups or serving a large group
- Attractive, functional and easy to clean, Hamilton Beach 12 Cup coffee makers help you serve great coffee and look great on your countertop
- Adjustable brewing with bold, regular & 1-4 cup options
- Adjustable keep warm
- Automatic pause & serve
- Programmable clock with 2 hour automatic shutoff
- Nonstick warmer plate
- Filter used: 8-12 cup basket/cupcake style