Many users choose a power supply based on total wattage alone, assuming that higher is always synonymous with better. Others pay no attention to their PSU selection at all, and settle for whatever abomination arrived with their machine. But considering how important a good power supply is to a system’s stability and long-term reliability, it’s a shame that PSUs get so little attention in comparison to sexier components like graphics cards and SSDs.
For most computer users, the following chart will give a pretty good idea of how much power the computer is consuming and how big a power supply is needed.
- 12 Best Computer Power Supplies 2017
- 1. Corsair HXi Series, HX850i, 850 Watt (850W), Fully Modular Power Supply, 80+ Platinum Certified
- 2. PC Power & Cooling Silencer Series 850 Watt (850W) 80+ Gold Semi-Modular Active PFC Industrial Grade ATX PC Power Supply
- 3. Cooler Master V850 – Fully Modular 850W 80 PLUS Gold PSU with Silencio Silent 135mm fan
- 4. Seasonic X-850(SS-850KM3 Active PFC F3) 850W 80 Plus Gold ATX12V/EPS12V Power Supply
- 5. EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2, 80+ GOLD 850W, 220-G2-0850-XR
- 6. Rosewill RBR1000-M 1000-Watt Bronze Series 80 Plus Bronze Certified Power Supply compatible with Intel Core i7 and i5
- 7. Antec Earthwatts 650 watt 80 Plus Bronze Power supply
- 8. Silverstone Tek 700W Single +12V Rail ATX 12V v2.3 80 Plus Bronze Certified Active PFC Power Supply ST70F-ESB
- 9. FSP Group Mini ITX Solution / Micro ATX 80 Plus Bronze Certification 450W Power Supply (FSP450-60GHS(85)-R)
- 10. Thermaltake SMART 700W Continuous Power ATX 12V V2.3 / EPS 12V 80 PLUS Active PFC Power Supply PS-SPD-0700NPCWUS-W
- 11. Antec EarthWatts EA-380D Green 380 Watt 80 PLUS BRONZE Power Supply
- 12. EVGA 500 W1, 80+ WHITE 500W Power Supply( 100-W1-0500-KR)
An efficient PSU is a better PSU
A power supply’s efficiency rating is important because higher-efficiency units tend to have better components, waste less power, and generate less heat – all of which contribute to less fan noise. A power supply with an efficiency rating of 80 percent provides 80 percent of its rated wattage as power to your system, while losing the other 20 percent as heat.
What is the best Computer Power Supply on the market? There are tons of Computer Power Supplies out there, we did a lot of research on them to save your precious time. Here is our best Computer Power Supplies list of 2017:
1. Corsair HXi Series, HX850i, 850 Watt (850W), Fully Modular Power Supply, 80+ Platinum Certified
HXi Series power supplies give you extremely tight voltage control, virtually silent operation, and a fully modular cable set. With all Japanese 105 Degree capacitors, they’re a great choice for high performance PCs where reliability is essential. 80 PLUS Platinum efficiency reduces operating cost and excess heat, and together with Zero RPM Fan Mode technology, gives you virtually silent operation. With Corsair Link Digital support, you can monitor power supply performance, toggle single rail or multi rail mode, and control fan speed directly from your desktop. And, the fully modular, low profile cable set makes builds and upgrades easy, with clean, great-looking results.
2. PC Power & Cooling Silencer Series 850 Watt (850W) 80+ Gold Semi-Modular Active PFC Industrial Grade ATX PC Power Supply
The Silencer MkIII and its award winning Silencer core architecture define the ultimate power management solution for today’s PC power users. FirePower customers can enjoy the almost 30 year heritage of their flagship line of Silencer power supplies featuring rock solid and stable power with ultra-quiet operations and a modular cable design with high performance metal aviation conectors, for a streamlined operating environment. The Silencer MkIII balances the needs of enthusiasts and professionals by combining a powerful single +12V rail and premium grade capacitors. But the Silencers secret weapon is its ultra quite operation. The Mk III sports a new Dual Thermal Control System, a sophisticated operation that allows the PSU to switch between normal and silent mode seamlessly. Backed with PC Power’s complete confidence in reliability with an industry-leading 7 year warranty, this PSU offers ultimate peace of mind.
3. Cooler Master V850 – Fully Modular 850W 80 PLUS Gold PSU with Silencio Silent 135mm fan
Cooler Master developed the V-Series to re-ascertain its position as the world’s top power supply brand. Based on a brand new platform, V-Series power supplies feature outstanding efficiency, especially at typical low idle loads, excellent hold up times, voltage stability, and ripple suppression. Only the highest grade Japanese capacitors are used, most of them solid capacitors, as well as a massive high quality 42mm transformer. Also, thanks to high quality FDB fans, V-Series PSUs are extremely cool and quiet. The V-Series uses a fully modular cable system with beautiful all black, extra slim flat-ribbon cables, which make cable management a breeze and results in nice looking, clean builds with the best possible airflow.
4. Seasonic X-850(SS-850KM3 Active PFC F3) 850W 80 Plus Gold ATX12V/EPS12V Power Supply
80PLUS Gold Certified super high efficiency seasonic dc connector module with integrated voltage regulator module dc to dc converter design. Conductive polymer aluminum solid electrolytic capacitors active power factor correction (99% PF typical) high +12V output. Ultra ventilation (honeycomb structure) full modular cabling design all-in-one dc cabling design easy swap connector. Total power: 850 W power factor correction: active pfc, 99% typical. Seasonic hybrid silent fan control sanyo denki – san ace silent fan.
5. EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2, 80+ GOLD 850W, 220-G2-0850-XR
Unleash the next generation in power with the EVGA 850G2 Power Supply. Support 80 PLUS Gold rated efficiency, provide clean, and continuous power to every component. The new ECO Thermal Control Fan System offers Fan RPM modes to provide zero fan noise during low load operations. This provides improved efficiency for longer operation, less power consumption, reduced energy costs and minimal heat dissipation. Backed by a 10 year warranty and 100% Japanese capacitor design, The EVGA 850G2 is not only the right choice for your system today, it’s the next choice for your system tomorrow.
6. Rosewill RBR1000-M 1000-Watt Bronze Series 80 Plus Bronze Certified Power Supply compatible with Intel Core i7 and i5
In a computing world of new video and audio cards, add-ons, higher-powered chips and more, the search for power goes ever on. Rosewill’s RBR1000-M satisfies your power-hungry virtual instincts, and keeps you running at your best. Clad in a sleek black shell, lit within with a cool blue light, the impression is one of cool, secret power, ready to do your bidding! The PSU is ready for your SLI or CrossFire configuration with both 6Pin and 8Pin PCIe connectors. There are also 12 SATA, 6 Molex and 2 Floppy connectors, so you load your system to fill any need. A four rail configuration balances the power output for consistent performance. Keeping it cool is a 135mm Blue LED Dual-ball-bearing fan and an openwork grille on the back panel. With its 80 PLUS BRONZE certification, less energy is wasted as heat or interference, delivering more power to your hungry system!
7. Antec Earthwatts 650 watt 80 Plus Bronze Power supply
Energy Star Ready
650w Continuous Power
80 PLUS Bronze certified – up to 88% efficient
ATX12V version 2.32
Universal Input – works on any 100V – 240V grid
Active Power Factor Correction (PFC) with PF: 0.99
Dual +12V output circuits ensure greater system stability
8. Silverstone Tek 700W Single +12V Rail ATX 12V v2.3 80 Plus Bronze Certified Active PFC Power Supply ST70F-ESB
After successfully serving enthusiasts for years, the Strider Essential series has proven quality and dependable PSUs can indeed be had at affordable prices. So to further improve value for users looking to build great performing PCs, SilverStone has released the Strider Essential Bronze ST70F-ESB and ST60F-ESB PSUs to the series. The two newly redesigned 700w and 600w PSUs retain all essential features such as single +12V rail, multiple circuit protection and useful 8pin/6pin PCI-E connectors to support various mainstream graphic card designs. With its upgraded 80 PLUS Bronze efficiency and the ability to provide 24/7 continuous output, the Strider Essential Bronze PSUs are solid choices for PC builders.
9. FSP Group Mini ITX Solution / Micro ATX 80 Plus Bronze Certification 450W Power Supply (FSP450-60GHS(85)-R)
This FSP450-60GHS(85)-R Micro ATX 450-Watt Power Supply Unit is a 80 Plus Bronze Certified power supply designed to fit most compact small form factor PC systems with high-power output in mind. Power specification is fully compatible to Intel and AMD power CPU and standard PC configurations. It features true 450-WATT power output and 80mm cooling fan with thermal sensing technology. It is an excellent choice for compact, small form factor systems integration that demands higher power output requirement. FSP Quality Assurance Program, a manufacturer’s direct service guarantees quality and performance for a period of 3-Year, included. All models are qualified for RoHS, Lead-Free, Green Product (G.P) global environmental friendly status.
10. Thermaltake SMART 700W Continuous Power ATX 12V V2.3 / EPS 12V 80 PLUS Active PFC Power Supply PS-SPD-0700NPCWUS-W
Incorporating various high-quality components, the Smart Series – models are rated from 500W to 700W – saves energy through its high efficiency of up to 86% and accommodates any mainstream build with the most demanding requirements. An embedded intelligent cooling fan delivers excellent airflow at an exceptionally low noise level. Additionally, the Single +12V rail design enables non-stop usage with stable and reliable performance.
11. Antec EarthWatts EA-380D Green 380 Watt 80 PLUS BRONZE Power Supply
Get the power you need and the low electric bill you want with Antec’s EarthWatts 380D Green! One of the most powerful supplies on the planet,the EA-380D Green delivers 380 watts of reliable, continuous power while meeting the Bronze level of performance from 80 PLUS, the most widely recognized independent standard in power supply efficiency. Plus, the EA-380D Green boasts Universal Input and a quiet 80mm fan to keep everything cool. “Go green” with Antec’s EA-380D Green: an efficient, cost-effective power supply solution that lets you power your equipment, save money and protect the environment. To help protect the environment even more, this unit does not come with and AC cord, just re-use the one it is replacing!
12. EVGA 500 W1, 80+ WHITE 500W Power Supply( 100-W1-0500-KR)
When building on a budget, the EVGA 500W 80 PLUS is a great choice at a low cost. Supporting 40A on a single +12V rail provides more options without having to reduce your component requirements. Save space with the 500W’s compact design, well-placed power switch and fully sleeved cables. The 500W offers the connections and protections needed for basic system builds. With a standard 3 year warranty and ultra quiet fan design the 500W will be a great asset for your next build on a budget.