The history of sailing Dinghy as a hobby can be traced all the way back to the 17th Century. Charles II of England was known for his love of sailing Dinghy and wrote frequently about being on the water and the wind on his face. Dinghy Sailing has come a long way since its 17th century roots and today millions of people search online for Dinghy boats every year. There are sailing Dinghy boat holidays and entire sailing dinghy clubs geared towards the hobby as a whole.
- 4 Best Dinghy Boats 2017
Types of Sailing Dinghy Boats
Dinghy sailing boats come in many different sizes, shapes and materials.
- The most common type is the fiberglass bottom sailing dinghy boats. Fiberglass sailing dinghies generally sail faster and are popular among racing enthusiasts. They are slick on the bottom and are lightweight which gives them their speed advantage.
- Wooden sailing dinghy boats are another popular type among enthusiasts. They aren’t as fast as the aluminum and fiberglass variety but they do offer a certain class to them that these other boats do not have. These types of dinghies are best suited for a nice day on the water or one who enjoys the technique of sailing.
- Inflatable Sport boats have a multifaceted purpose in both fresh and saltwater environments around the world. These inflatable dinghy tender sport boats are built tough for rough ocean water, emergency situations, tendering, fishing, or even on a calm pond. Regardless of how you use your dinghy, you can rely on the quality and durability of your Inflatable Sport Boat.
What is the best Dinghy Boat on the market? There are tons of Dinghy Boats out there, we did a lot of research on Dinghy Boats to save your precious time. Here is our best Dinghy Boats list of 2017:
1. Inflatable Sport Boats Shark 9.8′ – Model 300 – Aluminum Floor Dinghy with Seat Bag
Inflatable Sport Boat’s are your “All Sport Dinghy” designed by nautical experts for optimal performance and durability. Providing the industry’s best specs for all inflatable tender dinghy sport boats. Industry leading: Larger diameter tubes, “Easy Planing” extended 30″ rear pontoons, reinforced transom, entirely welded seams and 9 mm 1100 denier thick PVC material with no problematic nose cones. The intention is to eliminate the problematic areas on dinghies; glued material, transom, and nose cones. Your Inflatable Sport Boat will provide you with multiple years of use. Inflatable Sport Boats can be propelled manually or motorized. Compatible with either 2 or 4 stroke motors; 15″ short shaft outboards (recommended) and 20″ long shaft. All Inflatable Sport Boats have been USCG rated and approved.
2. SATURN Inflatable Boat SD290 9 ft 6 Inches
SATURN Inflatable boat SD290 is excellent as a tender for a yacht or sailboat or as a life raft in case of an emergency. SD290 inflatable dinghies take up to a 10 HP short shaft outboard motor and can carry up to 4 people maximum. A reliable inflatable dinghy is about the most important piece of equipment that a experienced cruiser can own. With a 10 HP outboard motor this boat will fly over the water at a speed of 20 mph. Their inflatable boats are made of 1100 denier Korean PVC fabric with polyester support that has excellent resistance to tearing, tension and breaking. It is a much more heavy-duty PVC fabric than most of the competitors with 1000 denier PVC boats. The Saturn SD290 inflatable boat comes standard with a high-pressure drop stitch air deck floor. Deflated, the SD290 boat will fold to the size of a medium bag. Once deflated and folded, the SD290 can be easily stored in the trunk of your car or in a closet of your apartment. Bag with deflated and packed boat can be easily carried around with inexpensive foldable hand cart. Inflated boat can be easily transported with help of our removable dinghy wheels that are attached to the transom.
3. Newport Vessels 8-Feet 10-Inch Dana Inflatable Sport Tender Dinghy Boat – USCG Rated
High quality & heavy duty salt & freshwater inflatable sport dinghy tender boat. Newport Vessels Boat is tested and designed for both 15″ short shaft outboards and 20″ long shaft. For optimal performance they recommend a 15″ short shaft outboard. It can handle both 2 or 4 stroke motors. It comes with all original paperwork needed for easy and hassle free registration. Newport Vessels is USCG rated and registered. Unique and original Hull ID/HIN numbers with each boat comes with Newport Vessels 2 year warranty.
4. Sun Dolphin Water Tender Row Boat , 9.4-Feet
Versatile enough to be used as a dinghy, fishing boat, or utility rowboat, the WaterTender row boat from KL Industries can easily be transported in the bed of a pickup truck or by trailer. The modified cathedral-style, tri-hull design – constructed of UV-stabilized fortiflex high density polyethelene – maximizes stability and interior room, and it meets NMMA and Coast Guard safety standards. Other features include dual sets of stainless steel oarlock sockets to accommodate center or bow seat rowing positions, molded bench seats, drink holders, and a drain plug (front positioned with outside release). It’s backed by a 2-year warranty on the hull and parts. Made in USA.