There are many advantages of using an electric wok for cooking. Before we get into that however, for those of you who may not be familiar with woks we will give you a brief overview. The wok style of cooking is extremely popular in Southeast Asia, especially China and Thailand. These are useful in a number of ways. For stir fry, boiling, deep fry, braising, steaming and various soups and stews. They are made from a variety of materials as well.
Now for some of the advantages of using an electric wok as opposed to other types. For one, it is very easy to store when not in use. In fact they fit right into most cabinets. Their portability is also another major factor. Simply put, anywhere you have an electrical outlet you are good to go. No need for worrying about a gas supply or coals or any other stuff. The electric wok is also able to cook a whole lot of things beside the above-mentioned foods.
Example, all types of noodles, veggie fried rice, ground turkey, spaghetti, French fries, all sorts of meat sauces. And get this; you can even make your omelets, hash browns and any kind of stew you can think of. Bet you didn’t think a wok could do that, huh? Electric woks are also super simple to clean, especially since for the most part they are non-stick in nature.
Other upsides to electric woks are that you do not need a stove. No kinds of heating elements or igniting fuels will ever be necessary. This also helps to keep the temperature down when cooking during those hot summer months. Then there are the savings associated with electric woks. You are not running burners the whole time. When electricity costs from electric wok cooking are tallied up, they are actually quite small.
True, these electric woks do also come in larger sizes, but most folks buy them for their ease of use and portability. Meaning that smaller to medium size is usually the preferred model. If you do not know much about wok cooking or models, simply go to a store that sells them and ask the staff about the advantages of electric wok cooking compared to other methods. Additionally, if you know anyone who owns one ask them all about it.
It’s like this; wok cooking is great…period. But for the reasons previously mentioned, electric wok cooking as opposed to other ways is far better.
What is the best Electric Wok on the market today? There are tons of Electric Woks out there, we did a lot of research on Electric Woks to save your precious time and money. Here are our best Electric Woks 2017:
#1. Breville EW30XL Electric Gourmet Wok
- The Breville gourmet wok updates the electric wok design in every detail
- For starters, its 1500-watt butterfly element is recessed around the base to create a heat zone over the entire surface–excellent conditions for quick searing and stir-frying
- The variable heat probe includes 14 settings plus “high sear” for precise control, and the 14-inch-diameter die-cast wok bowl is roomy enough to handle whatever’s ready in the garden
- Designed for simpler clean-up, scratch-resistance, and reduced-fat cooking, the wok’s surface is a four-ply Quantanium coating, combining titanium-reinforced mid-coats with a durable nonstick exterior
- The glass lid is satisfyingly heavy with a stainless-steel rim and a convenient steam vent
- The most striking difference between this and your old electric wok is the quick-release base that lets you put everything but the temperature probe and power cord in the dishwasher
- Breville also includes a temperature indicator light, a booklet of recipes and tips, and a plastic spatula
Pros: it came very quickly, great electric wok for cooking, big capacity, no rub off on the pan, the wok sear control mode is truly an understatement, does a much better job of searing, love the easy to take apart, easy to clean, wide range of heat settings, gets hot quickly and evenly, saves energy …
Cons: no trouble …
#2. Breville BEW600XL Hot Wok
- Similar to cooking on a gas stove, the unique 1500 Watt Butterfly Element of the Hot Wok distributes heat evenly up the walls of the wok, maximizing high-heat searing potential
- The heat-responsive aluminum layers maintain this high heat to sear food, sealing in moisture
- 15 precision heat settings to 425 F emulate authentic Asian-style cooking
Pros: a truly hot electric wok, large capacity, solid wok with high-quality design, well made, easy to take apart, easy to clean, does a great job with stir fry, great for those with electric stove-tops, heats up fast, non stick, even heat, took less time to cook the meal, makes the food taste better …
Cons: it’s heavy but pretty easy to handle …
#3. Presto 5900 1500-Watt Stainless Steel Electric Wok
- The quick and easy way to prepare sizzling stir-fry meals
- Healthy stir-fry cooking sears ingredients in just a small amount of oil to preserve nutrients as well as fresh colors, flavors, and textures
- Easy-to-use electric wok with a durable stainless-steel body
- 1500-watt heating element; aluminum-clad base for fast, even heating
- Side loop handles; tempered-glass cover with stainless-steel rim and handle
- Long-handled wooden spatula included; dishwasher-safe wok and lid
- 120 volts, 60 Hz only. It should not be used with an adapter
Pros: shipped fast, stylish and high quality electric wok, big enough for a good sized stir fry, has room for lots of veggies and meat, lightweight, easy to clean, it heats quickly, the temperature control is excellent …
Cons: the cord is short …
#4. Sonya Shabu Shabu Hot Pot Electric Mongolian Hot Pot W/DIVIDER
- Faster heating with larger power: 1500W, 5 L capacity to satisfy family needs in most formats
- Removable cooking pots for convenient use
- Anti-skid feet to keep the pot sits evenly
- First-class welding finished internal divider to provide you the benefit to enjoy hotpot with two different flavors
#5. Aroma AEW-306 5-Quart Electric Wok
- Stir-fry in style with the Aroma 5-qt. Electric Wok; perfect for braising, tempura, steaming, and more
- This sleek, cast metal wok has a non-stick coating, heats up quickly and retains heat, for professional results every time
- Includes everything you need to make all your favorite modern and traditional foods, and the large glass dome lid with adjustable steam vent allows for maximum control
- The entire unit easily detaches from the base and is dishwasher safe for easy cleanup and even easier storage
- Includes long cooking chopsticks, steam rack and tempura rack
Pros: quick shipping, nice looks and performance of the electric wok, perfect size and easy to take care of, works great making Asian stir-fry, gets water boiling fairly quickly, cooks fast, retracts from mount for easy cleaning, clean up is easy as a breeze with its non-stick surface, if you like vegetables this is the wok to buy …
Cons: it takes some dis-assembly to remove the pot from the base …
#6. Oster 4.5 Liter DuraCeramic Wok
- This Oster Electric Wok is designed with unique, innovative DuraCeramic non-stick coating to last four times longer
- This extra-durable, super-hard surface won’t flake or peel
- The safe, natural ceramic coating is PFOA- and PTFE-free, so you can cook fluffy, delicious waffles without worry
- DuraCeramic finish cooks up to 20 percent faster, saving you time and money, and easily wipes clean!
- This electric wok is perfect for stir-frying, braising, frying, steaming and more