If you are looking for the best food processor to rock your world, or some awesome food processor reviews, you’ve come to the right place. Here you will find all the information on which food processor is right for you and all the essential things you should be looking for when purchasing a food processor.
Lets begin with some general information:
- What is a food processor?
- What are food processors made for?
- What are some things I should consider when purchasing the best food processor?
- What different types of processor exist on the market?
- Food Processor vs Food Chopper
- 8 Best Food Processors 2017
- #1. Waring Commercial WFP14S Batch Bowl Food Processor, 3-1/2-Quart
- #2. Breville BFP800XL Sous Chef Food Processor
- #3. Braun K650 Multiquick 600-watt Kitchen Machine Food Processor
- #4. Cuisinart DFP-14BCN 14-Cup Food Processor
- #5. KitchenAid KSM2FPA Food Processor Attachment with Commercial Style Dicing Kit
- #6. Cuisinart DLC-10S Pro Classic 7-Cup Food Processor
- #7. DeLonghi 9-Cup Capacity Food Processor with Integrated Blender
- #8. Hamilton Beach 70730 Bowl Scraper Food Processor
What is a food processor?
A food processor is a kitchen appliance that is used to take care of some of the most mundane tasks in the kitchen. It resembles a blender in many ways but has some distinct differences. For example, a food processor uses interchangeable blades along with different attachments instead of what a blender uses, which is a fixed blade. The bowl a food processor uses is also different. Most bowls from a food processor are shorter and wider because they are needed to chop solid and semi-solid foods. Blenders are typically used for liquids that can be used in drinks or shakes so they are typically more tall and narrow so the contents can be easily poured.
What are food processors made for?
- Slicing and Chopping Vegetables
- Used as a cheese slicer
- Grinding food, like nuts meat or dried fruit
- Mixing dough
What are some things I should consider when purchasing the best food processor?
How much food are you looking to process at once? A typical food processor can dominate 7-14 cups of food in a single shot. If you have a chopper style processor, you’re looking to only process about 5 cups at once. If you are looking for a processor that regularly goes after larger groups of people, you should consider a 11-14 cup processor. These processors are typically larger, louder, and take up more counter space than a conventional processor. So if you are looking to only feed a few people, smaller cup sizes work better because you can store them in more places and are much quieter.
2. Feed Tube Size
The wider the feed tube, the more irregular items that can fit within them. For example, odd shaped items like celery, potatoes, and cucumbers can fit much easier into feeder tubes that are larger.
3. Kneading Ability
If you’re looking to knead dough, expect to pay a little more for this feature. It takes some extra power to accomplish this task so make sure you find one that can handle it.
Having a food processor that doesn’t turn over Elvis from the grave might be important when purchasing a food processor. Nobody likes putting in ear plugs just to chop some potatoes.
Food processors are EXTREMELY simple to use. They have two settings usually, on and off. So if you can figure that out you can be a food processing machine. Pulse is generally the only other setting on processors. This setting runs the machine in bursts so you have more control over what you are trying to slice and dice. Some of the higher end food processors even have additional speeds but most of the time these settings are unnecessary.
6. Additional Accessories
If you’re looking to turn your food processor into a juicer or want additional blades for smaller or bigger tasks, checking out additional accessories that come with the processor might be a good idea. The more attachments that come with a processor, the more versatile your chopping can be.
What different types of processor exist on the market?
Not to sound like a broken record, but different types of food processors are made to accomplish different tasks.
Full-sized processors are made to be versatile. They can cut through tougher foods a little more easy than conventional food processors.
Heavy duty processors also have different functions like the ability to knead dough and once again, chop through just about anything.
Smaller food-processors are made for mini tasks like chopping through nuts or dominating smaller sized onions.
Food Processor vs Food Chopper
The main difference between a food chopper and a food processor is the power and capacity they exhibit. Choppers make slicing through things like nuts and herbs easy where these items might not ever hit the blade when going through a food processor. Choppers can only hold 3-5 cups worth of items and really can be quite loud. The duration a chopper runs though is much shorter than a processor however so noise is generally not an issue.
What is the best Food Processor on the market today? There are tons of Food Processors out there, we did a lot of research on Food Processors to save your precious time and money. Here are our best Food Processors 2017:
#1. Waring Commercial WFP14S Batch Bowl Food Processor, 3-1/2-Quart
- This large 3-1/2-quart unbreakable clear-view batch bowl with LiquiLock seal system
- Comes with high-performance 3/4-horsepower motor
- Slice, shred, grate, chop, purée, whip and more, over 20 processing applications included
- Extra-large feed tube reduces prep time
- Features 120-VAC, 60-hertz, 6-amps power, UL, ETL sanitation
- Best warranty in the industry, limited 5 year motor, 2 year parts and labor warranty
- Includes 1 each sealed S blade, 1 each adjustable slicing disc, 1 each sealed whipping disc, 1 each reversible shredding disc, 1 each 5/64-inch grating disc
- Measures 16-inch height by 10-1/8-inch width by 11-1/2-inch depth
Pros: heavy duty commercial food processor, easy to assemble and clean, highly functional, extremely well built, small foot print, super powerful, very quite, love the selection of blades that come with it, the blade is extremely sharp, the LiquiLock system is fantastic …
Cons: it is heavy, the feeding tube is too large …
#2. Breville BFP800XL Sous Chef Food Processor
- Every Breville product begins with a simple moment of brilliance
- The Breville Sous Chef began with the observation that the food comes in many different shapes and sizes, making it difficult for one machine to consistently cut all ingredients into the optimal size pieces
- So how do you make sure that you get the perfect size for what you’re cooking?
- The Breville Sous Chef solves this problem with its unique design
- Its wide feed chute makes it possible to slice vegetables of all shapes and sizes, while numerous disc and blade options makes it easy to get perfect results, any way you slice it
- Food processors are supposed to make food prep easier, not more frustrating
- The Breville Sous Chef has a 5.5” Super Wide Feed Chute that reduces the need to pre-cut most fruits & veggies, saving you time
- The Breville Sous Chef comes with a set of 8 discs and blades for numerous prep options, all housed in a convenient accessory storage
- The Breville Sous Chef includes two bowls, a large 16 cup processing bowl and a 2.5 cup mini processing bowl, for convenient processing no matter what size portions you’re chopping
Pros: its a time saver and helps you to create things, this is the Rolls-Royce of food processor, fast and unbelievable, blades are extremely sharp, super efficient, very quiet motor, huge feeder, works great for all types of foods, makes rolling out dough easy, cuts cooking and pie baking time tremendously, easy to clean, accessories are perfect your one stop shop need for a food processor, love the fact that has case for supplemental pieces …
Cons: big and heavy …
#3. Braun K650 Multiquick 600-watt Kitchen Machine Food Processor
- Powerful 600 watt DC motor – low noise operation for better food preparation
- 14 speeds + soft pulse – allows superior control, select optimal speed/pulse to suit the task, handy push button pulse for exact control when processing soft or delicate foods
- Electronically controlled, step less variable speed for optimal processing control
- Unique dual safety lock – ensures bowls cannot be opened when unit is on
- Usage guide on front panel – quick reference on recommended speed range for individual attachments
- Sealed bowls – eliminates leakage or overflowing
- Work-bowl capacity: 9 cups (2 L)
- Attachments included: Universal chopping blade, chops – blends, mixes & purees
- Dough hook, powerfully kneads up to 3 lbs. of dough
- Cream attachment – for perfect whipping results
- Versatile slicing system, includes: fine slicer, fine shredder, coarse grater and cheese grater
- Citrus juicer, citrus press fits into the work bowl
- Easy cleaning – Dishwasher-safe attachments and bowls
Pros: large capacity and it will do almost anything, excellent fit and finish, light weight, doesn’t take up too much counter space, very quiet, powerful and easy to operate, reliable and versatile, multiple speeds and the blades do the exact job you needed, safety mechanism works well, recommend it to anyone who wants a top quality food processor …
Cons: wish it came with a coarse slicing blade …
#4. Cuisinart DFP-14BCN 14-Cup Food Processor
- The Cuisinart DFP-14 Custom Food Processor has an extra-large feed tube that holds whole fruits and vegetables
- Features a 14-cup work bowl, 4mm stainless steel medium slicing disc, stainless steel shredding disc, and chopping/mixing blade
- Includes a spatula and recipe book
- 720-watt large-capacity food processor with intuitive “on” and “off/pulse” buttons
Pros: American made, excellent value for the price, heavy duty, stainless steel finish, it’s built like a tank, nice large bowl, you can still process fairly small amounts of food, unbelievably quiet, smooth, sturdy, no flimsiness, extremely powerful, the blades are razor sharp, shreds cheese like a boss, cleanup was quick and easy, many attachments included …
Cons: the safety interlocks gave you a little hassle at first, no issues with careful use, the video is excellent but the book lacks some instructions …
#5. KitchenAid KSM2FPA Food Processor Attachment with Commercial Style Dicing Kit
- Get processing with your KitchenAid Stand Mixer
- The Food Processor attachment simply attaches to the hub of your stand mixer to dice, slice, shred and julienne your favorite fruits, vegetables and hard cheeses
- The exclusive Exact Slice System allows you to slice from thick to thin with one slide of the lever
Pros: it’s easy to put on, easy to use and cleans up easily, great function, can use an unlimited container because you don’t have to empty it, love that everything dispenses directly into bowl or cooker, no limit to amount of food being processed, super fast, saves you time and labor, great storage container for blades, nice organizer storage box, recommend to anyone who does a lot of cooking from scratch …
Cons: slices could be better …
#6. Cuisinart DLC-10S Pro Classic 7-Cup Food Processor
- A perfect Food Processor for new homemakers, it has become an integral part of modern cooking, speeding up a multitude of processes, including slicing, chopping, shredding cheese, vegetables and meat, mincing garlic and parsley and emulsifying mayonnaise
- Cuisinart’s Pro Classic comes with a 7-cup work bowl, four basic attachments for slicing, shredding, chopping and kneading, and large feed tube
- This processor comes with a compact cover for use when the feed tube isn’t needed and a pulse control that allows the desired degree of fineness when chopping and puréeing
- Remove the detachable stem for compact storage of discs
- All the parts are dishwasher-safe and the motor base wipes clean
- In addition, a custom-contoured spatula, a 50-page recipe booklet designed to familiarize the new owner with the care and use of the food processor are included
Pros: awesome price, great little workhorse, no frills, great safety features, the DVD is very helpful and fun to watch, runs smoothly, doesn’t make much noise, enough power for your toughest needs, strong enough to make nut butters in only a few minutes, makes a wonderful spaghetti sauce, a major time saver …
Cons: small food processor for the single man, wish the other disks were a bit less expensive…
#7. DeLonghi 9-Cup Capacity Food Processor with Integrated Blender
- Get two appliances in one compact, space-saving machine with the DeLonghi 9-Cup Food Processor
- Quickly and easily make freshly made meals for your family, like sauces or soups, dough for bread or chop herbs and vegetables straight from your garden
- This food processor’s functions don’t end there
- It even includes a 40-ounce blender for mixing up your favorite smoothie or margherita
- Don’t worry about turning a switch or dial to adjust for the different capabilities, this intelligent machine automatically accommodates for different speeds with the patented dual drive system
- It also includes multiple accessories such as a serrated stainless steel chopping blade, dough tool, stainless steel thick slice/shred disc and stainless steel fine slice/shred disc to handle any possible kitchen task
- You can adjust the food processor for any recipe with two speeds and pulse control
- It also safely stops the motor if both the lid and base are not locked into place, and with dishwasher-safe parts is quick and simple to clean
- Other highlights include cord storage, carry handle and spatula included
Pros: great price for 2 small appliances in one, versatile, beautiful design, the plastic is bpa free, super easy to clean, takes less room on the shelf, powerful but not too loud, sharp blades, the dough blades do a very good job, the blender whipped up milkshakes in no time, can make double quantities to freeze for difficult days to cook …
Cons: only has two speeds, someone mentioned the bowl is a little hard to lock into position …
#8. Hamilton Beach 70730 Bowl Scraper Food Processor
- 3 Speeds plus pulse
- Chopping blade and slicing or shredding disc
- Dishwasher safe bowl, lid and blades
- Interchangeable Blades: -Yes
- Capacity: 10 Cups
- Additional Materials: Stainless steel. 450W Motor
- Overall Product Weight: 6.65 lbs
Pros: great buy for the price, awesome little food processor, just the right size, simple and easy to clean, dependable and versatile, very strong, sheds cheese like a charm, chops food very well, love the wall scraping feature, perfect food processor for a small kitchen …
Cons: pretty loud but it does the job well …