With all the steamers to be had in the market today, it may be considerable challenging to choose the most reliable one among them. Some steamers are designed especially to perform some specific functions, while some other ones are for general purposes.
All the steamers listed below are wonderful by all standards. But your budget will determine which one you can go for. Prepare your mind that a good quality steamer will be considerably expensive. If you live on a budget, you may want to be very careful how you decide. Not to worry; if you cannot buy the new ones, you can always go for fairly used ones, which are far cheaper.
You may even be fortunate to come by a fairly used one that is still in very good condition and can last for a considerable period of time. A home owner may be willing to sell of a steamer recently bought to raise funds or because he is moving out of the country.
Never make the purchase of fairly used steamers alone without the help of someone who knows how these things operate. He will be able to direct you on things to look for in fairly used steamers to ascertain if they can function as expected or not.
Some brand names also tend to be more expensive than others. You may want to make price comparison before you make your purchase. Some brand names might have been known to be synonymous to quality, but the so called nameless ones may also be able to give similar functionality.
Other important considerations
- Aside your budget, you also need to consider your specific needs. Some of the steamers are very good for specific kinds of fabrics.
- You may also want to consider how long their steam can last.
- Consider also the power output of each of them do not also forget the issue of safety.
- Some are more prone to electric shock than others.
- The power cord length can also be a determining factor of which one to go for. The longer the cord, the more the mobility you can get out of the steamer.
- The longer the steaming period, the better for you steaming needs.
- Consider the warranty period before you buy. It is always better to go for those with long warranty period to ensure long lasting protection.
- Color or design may not be an essential consideration if you are only interested in functionality. Do not forget that color or designs does not in any way determine what you can get from the steamer.
- 9 Best Garment Steamers 2017
- 1. J-4000M Jiffy Garment Steamer with Metal Steam Head (Pink Series), 120 Volt
- 2. J-2000 Jiffy Garment Steamer with Plastic Steam Head (Pink Series), 120 Volt
- 3. Rowenta IS6300 Master Valet Full Size Garment and Fabric Steamer with Roll and Press Support, 1550-Watt
- 4. Econoco Steam Butler, Powerful Commercial Clothing Steamer
- 5. SALAV Professional Series Dual Bar Garment Steamer with Foot Pedals, GS45-DJ Silver
- 6. Conair Compact Upright Fabric Steamer
- 7. Epica 1500 Watt Fabric and Garment Steamer- See Professional Results in Minutes!
- 8. PurSteam Fabric Steamer, Fast-Heat Aluminum Heating Element With Travel Pouch, 180ml Capacity Perfect for Home and Travel
- 9. URPOWER Garment Steamer 130ml Portable Handheld Fabric Steamer Fast Heat-up Powerful Travel Garment Clothes Steamer
What is the best Garment Steamer on the market today? There are tons of Garment Steamers out there, we did a lot of research on Garment Steamers to save your precious time and money. Here are our best Garment Steamers 2017:
1. J-4000M Jiffy Garment Steamer with Metal Steam Head (Pink Series), 120 Volt
The J-4000M Pro-Line Series is Jiffy Steamer’s most powerful model designed for commercial purposes. This steamer has a durable die cast aluminum outer housing unit with a built-in, easy-to-read water level sight gauge, 1500 watt incoloy heating element and a stainless steel internal steam chamber. The J-4000 offers convenient preheat and steam settings, which allows you to have steam on demand. The unit takes 15 minutes to reach a PREHEAT temperature and then 5 more minutes to achieve full STEAM. The J-4000M will steam for 2 hours per filling.
2. J-2000 Jiffy Garment Steamer with Plastic Steam Head (Pink Series), 120 Volt
The J-2000 is the ideal steamer for home or light commercial use. These steamers offer a variety of applications including removing wrinkles in clothing, removing wallpaper, steaming bedding and table linens. This steamer has a unique high-impact plastic housing for durability and wheels that swivel for mobility. The J-2000 heats up in just 2 minutes and will offer a 1.5 hours of steaming per filling with a convenient ¾ gallon water caddy that fits securely into the base of the steamer.
3. Rowenta IS6300 Master Valet Full Size Garment and Fabric Steamer with Roll and Press Support, 1550-Watt
Quickly remove wrinkles from any type of fabric with this powerful Rowenta IS6300U2 Master Valet full-size garment steamer—perfect for steaming hanging garments, upholstery, curtains, slipcovers, and more. In addition to smoothing out wrinkles, it also works well for sanitizing, killing germs, reducing dust mites, and eliminating smoke and other odors from fabrics and various home furnishings. Unlike other full-size garment steamers, the 1550-watt Master Valet features exclusive Roll and Press vertical support, which offers a convenient flat surface for garments to press against, helping to hold them in place, hands-free, while steaming. The garment steamer also provides a large built-in hanger, rotating garment clips, and a hanger hook for your own hanger. Its large steam head emits high-volume powerful steam with a wide diffusion for fast, efficient results. The garment steamer’s extra-large transparent water tank allows for checking on water levels at a glance, and the tank holds up to 81 ounces of regular tap water and can be removed for easy filling. On a full tank, the garment steamer produces up to an hour of continuous steam. Complete projects from start to finish without having to stop and refill. Even more, the garment steamer’s telescopic aluminum pole offers adjustable height for comfortable steaming and pushes down for compact storage when not in use. Other highlights include a flexible fabric hose, a foot-operated on/off switch, large back wheels, and a suitcase-style tilt-and-roll configuration for simple transport. Accessories include a fabric brush for efficiency, a lint pad for a clean finish, and a steam bonnet to protect delicate items. Save time and money by reducing trips to the dry cleaners with the Rowenta IS6300U2 Master Valet full-size garment steamer.
4. Econoco Steam Butler, Powerful Commercial Clothing Steamer
A lightweight, easy-to-use steamer that will produce a steady, high thrust continuous flow of steam within 30 seconds! Durable enough to stand up to daily in-store use. Maintenance Free – Just fill it and use it!
5. SALAV Professional Series Dual Bar Garment Steamer with Foot Pedals, GS45-DJ Silver
The SALAV GS45-DJ Professional Garment Steamer features a dual telescopic bar support for added stability and to protect against tilting. The powerful 1500-watt GS45-DJ has convenient power & steam setting pedals that are ergonomically located for easy access. The GS45-DJ garment steamer also has an easy-to-fill removable translucent water tank with 1.8L capacity to provide continuous steam for up to 60 minutes and heats up in just 45 seconds. The fashion forward GS45-DJ also contains SALAV patented features including a multifunctional hanger and a double insulated hose to maintain steam temperature and regulate hose surface heat.
6. Conair Compact Upright Fabric Steamer
Remove wrinkles from hanging garments, upholstery, curtains, slipcovers, and more–without the risk of scorching, burning, or shining–with this upright fabric steamer. Faster and easier than ironing, the 1200-watt unit heats up quickly, and its 55-ounce water tank provides one hour of professional steam. Large rear wheels make it easy to move the portable steamer from room to room, while its foot-activated power switch ensures comfort and convenience. Other highlights include an easy-to-handle cool-touch nozzle and hose, a three-piece collapsible pole for hanging garments, and a compact easy-to-store design that takes up very little floor space. Accessories include lint and bristle brush attachments. The UL-listed fabric steamer measures approximately 20 by 12 by 64 inches and carries a one-year limited warranty.
7. Epica 1500 Watt Fabric and Garment Steamer- See Professional Results in Minutes!
A great combination of speed and power, the Epica 1500 Watt Fabric Steamer makes short work of wrinkles and odors. Its deep penetrating steam is effective on heavy curtains and upholstery, yet gentle on your delicate clothes as well. You might expect 40 oz. of water to take at least a couple of minutes to heat up, but the Epica is ready to steam in just 45 seconds. And thanks to that 40 oz. capacity, it can keep on steaming for up to 45 minutes. The water tank lifts off the base for easy filling, and you can refill it at any time without turning the steamer off or waiting for it to cool down. To avoid mineral build-up inside the tank and hose, we recommend using distilled or de-mineralized water. The Epica Fabric Steamer glides on caster wheels wherever you need it, from the sofa cushions to the drapes to the car upholstery. The 4.3 ft. hose gives you plenty of reach, too. When you’re steaming clothes, simply slide in the Epica’s pole and hang the garment from the clothes hook at the top. The pole’s height adjusts up to 51″, letting each user get the optimum angle for comfort and efficiency. It can be taken apart for compact storage. Attach the fabric brush to the steam nozzle and you can simultaneously release wrinkles and remove particles such as hair and lint. Use the press pad for intensive steaming of small areas such as collars and hems: just hold it behind the fabric with your free hand as you steam (it attaches to your hand with a Velcro strap).
8. PurSteam Fabric Steamer, Fast-Heat Aluminum Heating Element With Travel Pouch, 180ml Capacity Perfect for Home and Travel
PurSteam makes it easy to get your clothes crisp and wrinkle-free for work, play, or special occasions. The unit’s temperature-controlled steam is powerful enough to tackle tough fabrics like linen, yet safe enough to use on delicate nylon blends. Thanks to its lightweight and compact design, PurSteam is the perfect travel companion for business trips or vacations. Use at home or on the road to de-wrinkle all types of fabrics including: Clothing, Coats, Curtains & Drapes, Table Linens, Upholstered Furniture.
9. URPOWER Garment Steamer 130ml Portable Handheld Fabric Steamer Fast Heat-up Powerful Travel Garment Clothes Steamer
Using Newest steam channeling design delivers steam more powerfully and evenly to remove the toughest wrinkles from a multitude of fabrics in drapery, clothing, tableclothes, and much more. This compact, handheld garment steamer is the perfect tool to keep your wardrobe and household fabrics fresh and wrinkle-free. Use daily to easily and quickly revive your clothing.