- 9 Best Handheld Vacuums 2017
- #1. Dyson V6 Absolute Cordless Vacuum
- #2. Dyson V6 Cordless Vacuum
- #3. Hoover Air Cordless 2-in-1 Deluxe Stick and Handheld Vacuum, BH52120PC
- #4. Hoover Platinum Collection LiNX Cordless Pet Handheld Vacuum, BH50030
- #5. Electrolux Ergorapido Lithium Ion Plus 2-in-1 Handheld Vacuum
- #6. Shark Rocket Corded Hand Vac (HV292)
- #7. Black+Decker BDH2000PL MAX Lithium Pivot Vacuum, 20-volt
- #8. Bissell Aeroswift Compact Bagless Upright Vacuum, 1009
- #9. BLACK + DECKER CHV1410L 16 volt Lithium Cordless Dust Buster Hand Vac
About Handheld Vacuum Cleaners
The portability of a cleaner plays a vital role when it comes to picking up dirt and dust quickly. They are also quite effective if you ever need to clean both small and big messes around your home.
Most of these vacuum cleaners are cord free. This makes them suitable for cleaning areas that would otherwise have been hard to clean. In fact, I usually have a great time clearing my walk in closet, shelves and the staircase.
With repeated use, I am pleased to announce that my portable vacuum cleaning comes with an easy power option. Its compact nature makes it appealing anytime I need to do my weekly tidying up.
Choosing the Right Vacuum
Like other products I have spent money on in the past, I checked out the customer reviews before I invested. I went online for an hour and read through what other homeowners had to say. Of course, I did all this research because I did not want to deal with unexpected surprises.
If you’re looking for an effective way to clean your home and you want to find the best handheld vacuum, take advantage of my personal experience here and make your job of finding the ideal cleaning tool a lot simpler. I have written the following tips to help you make an investment decision as smart as the one I made.
While shopping, you will come across a wide variety of styles and designs. Each one you encounter will have its own unique functionality. While shopping, some of these features were a bit confusing, especially because I was looking for a quick, fast and efficient vacuum cleaner.
To select a cleaner that will serve you as well as mine has, consider the following:
This was the first point I thought about when I start to shop around. I made sure that the cleaner I settled on was portable enough to make it easy for me to carry.
From the reviews I read, I learned that it is better to get a gadget with a cable or extension cord that was at least 10 feet long. Luckily, I was able to find such a one. This feature comes in handy whenever I need to reach such crucial areas as the attic and the staircase.
From my experience, the battery of your handheld cleaner is particularly important. I judge these handy tools on their ability to function for long even when they are not plugged into the power circuit.
I also invested in a handheld cleaner that had indicator lights. This way, I am warned early in advance whenever the power supply is almost out. To date, these lights have made cleaning convenient because I charge my cleaner until it is fully charged, enabling me to make maximum use of my vacuum.
The other things I looked out for when I was shopping included the warranty and maintenance requirement. My sister informed me that it was wise to get warranty, in case the cleaner malfunctioned just after I had invested in it.
Finally, my vacuum cleaner is also easy to maintain. Where possible, you should avoid handheld vacuums with dirt bags and blades that also require a frequent wash.
Using these tips, you should be able to find a cleaner that will make cleaning easy and convenient.
What is the best Handheld Vacuum on the market today? There are tons of Handheld Vacuums out there, we did a lot of research on Handheld Vacuums to save your precious time and money. Here are our best Handheld Vacuums 2017:
#1. Dyson V6 Absolute Cordless Vacuum
- The Dyson V6 Absolute cordless vacuum comes equipped with two Dyson-engineered cleaner heads
- Invented for hard floors, the Soft roller cleaner head removes large debris and fine dust simultaneously
- The Direct-drive cleaner head provides 75% more power than the Dyson V6 vacuum
- HEPA filtration captures allergens and expels cleaner air
- Extra Dyson-engineered tools for homes with pets
Pros: quick ship and delivery, it is very powerful suction for a unit of this size, very high grade materials, very light weight, easy to maneuver, cordless is very comfortable, can handle it by one hand, consists of many heads for assorted uses, perfect for a house with pets, great for a quick pick up or doing the stairs, perfect for wood floors and small rugs, it’ll save you a ton of work …
Cons: super product at a super price, wish the battery lasted a bit longer, the bins are very small …
#2. Dyson V6 Cordless Vacuum
- The Dyson V6 cordless vacuum gives you Dyson suction power without the hassle of a cord
- Its motorized cleaner head cleans all floor types
- Trigger releases instantly. Battery power is only used for cleaning. Up to 20 minutes of runtime
- The wand quickly detaches for handheld cleaning. Dyson tools fit directly to the machine
- The center of gravity is located towards the grip for easy, lightweight cleaning up top, down below and in between
Pros: perfect for the stairs & small rooms or just a quick clean up, lightweight, love not having a cord, versatile, easily deep clean under furniture, picks up in the corners very well, superior performance, great suction, extremely powerful, doesn’t take hardly any space to store it …
Cons: the battery only lasts about 20 minutes, the motor is located near the handle does get a bit warm with use …
#3. Hoover Air Cordless 2-in-1 Deluxe Stick and Handheld Vacuum, BH52120PC
- The Hoover Air Cordless 2-in-1 covers quick cleanups with powerful performance and advanced versatility-all powered by Lithium Life Battery Technology
- Maneuver the lightweight stick vac around your home to cover both carpet and hard floors with fade-free, full power, while the Wind Tunnel 2 Technology lifts & removes deep down dirt
- Then use the removable hand vac and motorized turbo tool to get to above floor messes with ease
- And the convenient cordless design means you can pick up everyday messes without a cord holding you back
Pros: it does a great job on hard wood floors and kitchen tiles, incredibly light weight, effortless to push, cleans off the surface and surrounding floors with ease, very pleased with performance which last about 20 minutes, perfect for quick clean ups, only takes an hour to charge fully, washable filters …
Cons: wish the battery lasted longer …
#4. Hoover Platinum Collection LiNX Cordless Pet Handheld Vacuum, BH50030
- The new Hoover Cordless Pet Hand Vacuum includes specialized pet hair cleaning tools to remove stubborn pet hair (Per ASTM F2609)
- It features a lithium-Ion interchangeable battery that has 2X longer run time (As tested per FCTP-0278p) and fade free power
- The LINX Powerhead has a brushroll that ejects for easy maintenance and has a 25 degree pivot design allowing easy maneuverability
- The triple blade design in the Pet Upholstry Tool grabs pet hair that is stuck to upholstry
- The Deluxe dusting Brush comes with two rows of soft bristles making it available to clean delicate surfaces
- The Hoover Platinum Collection Cordless Pet Hand Vacuum also comes with a limited two year warranty on the vacuum, limited two year warranty on the battery and charger
Pros: best little vacuum for the money, portable and convenient, powerful cordless handheld vacuum but not very loud, the battery sharing is a big plus, long-life battery, easily cleans an entire car without losing any juice, picks up cat hair fabulously, great for touch up cleaning or small areas, convenient charging station, easy to empty and has a cleanable filter, the bag is great for storage, the different attachments are helpful …
Cons: the batteries are a bit expensive, battery has to be removed from the vacuum to charge …
#5. Electrolux Ergorapido Lithium Ion Plus 2-in-1 Handheld Vacuum
- The Ergorapido lithium ion plus 2-in-1 cordless offers two vacuums in one stylish design for cleaning on and above your bare floors
- The 10.8V lithium ion battery gives you high performance for optimal cleaning performance, a long run time and fast charge
- Thoroughly clean the bare floors in your home with the motorized brushroll and cordless convenience
- Clean above the floor with the detachable handheld vacuum
- The crevice tool and dusting brush store conveniently in the handle so you can clean crevices, stairs and flat surfaces in one easy step
- 180 degree easy steer maneuverability offers smooth turning and movement, helping you twist and turn around furniture with ease
- The Ergorapido lithium ion plus stands on its own for those unexpected interruptions
- Plus, the lightweight, bag less design makes it easy for you to get around-get up and down stairs and carry from room to room
Pros: great wireless vac at a very good price, decent suction, runs up to 30 minutes on a charge, integrated design is nice, small footprint, super easy to maneuver, bag-less feature, the filter can be easily removed and cleaned, 4 bright LED lights that really do help you see the dirt even in a well-lit room, great vacuum to use in the kitchen or on hardwood floors, it does well on carpet, rugs and bare floors …
Cons: a bit bulky for a handheld unit, hard to stand up without hand vac on there …
#6. Shark Rocket Corded Hand Vac (HV292)
- The power of the Shark Rocket is now available in a convenient, ultra-lightweight, handheld only design for all your quick cleaning needs!
- With Never Loses Suction Technology, the Shark Rocket is up to any task
- The XL reach stretch hose connects the hand vac to cleaning tools for ultimate control and for reaching tight spaces
- A 15′ power cord means you never have to recharge, while giving you the freedom to clean the whole room
- Plus, the motorized hand tool extracts pet hair, dirt, dust, and allergens from deep inside upholstery
- Also includes crevice tool and dusting brush
Pros: powerful little vacuum, it’s terrific for anything on the smaller side, great hand vac as long as you don’t mind the cord, the cord is definitely long enough for all of the jobs, powerful suction, love that it is bag-less, the filter is washable and easy to empty, comes with a flexible hose, perfect for cleaning out the car, recommend this vacuum for vacuuming walls, curtains, furniture …
Cons: you’ve got a 15′ cord to drag around, the sliding power switch could be better, does not come with extension tubes …
#7. Black+Decker BDH2000PL MAX Lithium Pivot Vacuum, 20-volt
- For those looking for serious power, Black+Decker’s all-purpose 20V MAX* Lithium Pivot has strong suction provided by the 20V MAX* lithium ion battery
- A lightweight design for easy carrying, and a standing charging base
- The Pivot is not only powerful, but it’s also so compact that it can be stored within easy reach to any mess
- Lithium Technology for strong suction and fade free power
- Exclusive pivoting nozzle means huge power in a compact size
- A high performance motor provides superior suction capability
- The cyclonic action spins dust and debris away from the filter keeping suction power strong
- 3-stage filtration system
Pros: it’s small but strong, the design of this vac is gorgeous, well designed, stylish and lightweight, good quality at affordable price, long lasting battery and strong suction combine to give you a great hand vac, fast charging, comes with the various attachments, bagless and empties easily …
Cons: it is loud for the size, a bit heavy …
#8. Bissell Aeroswift Compact Bagless Upright Vacuum, 1009
- The 1009 AeroSwift Bissell Compact Vacuum features high-quality construction to help you get your carpet and upholstery clean
- The vacuum will help you get into those hard-to-reach places, including stairs
- There is a quick-release handle so that you can easily go from cleaning floors to cleaning stairs
- The generous 10′ stretch hose lets you get to your blinds and reach those cobwebs in the corners
- The innovative cyclonic technology enables extended performance of the vacuum and also ensures that the filters will stay cleaner for longer stretches of time
- The Bissell Bagless Vacuum is equipped with a dirt bin that can conveniently be emptied from the bottom to get rid of dirt easily and efficiently when you are done cleaning
Pros: great multi surface vacuum, nice and compact, solid, functional vacuum, perfect size for a small space, can’t beat it for the price, love that it’s a bag less upright, comes with a wide range of attachments , the cord is nice and long, the handle is comfortable, easy to maneuver, does a great job on the short nap carpet …
Cons: the little brush attachment …
#9. BLACK + DECKER CHV1410L 16 volt Lithium Cordless Dust Buster Hand Vac
- The sleek CHV1410L boasts lithium technology, strong suction and fade-free power
- With a translucent bagless dirt bowl, the dirt is easy to see and empty
- Rotating slim nozzle for a variety of applications
- Ever ready, the hand vac can hold a charge for up to 18 months when off the charger
- It is lightweight enough to tackle quick pick ups around the home
- High efficiency Lithium ion chargers help to protect your BLACK+DECKER hand vac by automatically shutting off when the battery is charged
- Lithium ion for long battery life and outstanding performance
Pros: it was a great price, cordless for mobility, small enough but with enough power, great suction, great for quick and very efficient clean ups, easy to empty and has a washable filter, the battery life is long, charges very quickly, great for house and car …
Cons: wish it could attach to a wall, wish the blue charging light were not so big and bright …