If you are reading this guide then you are probably looking for more information regarding how to choose the best headphones. It is true that headphones enable you to listen to music wherever and at any time you want without disturbing anyone else. However choosing the best one can be a difficult process as there are so many options available.
There are many questions that you need to ask yourself such as do you want open air headsets or sealed headphones? Wires or wireless headphone? It is important to point out that there are four different types of headphones which are open, sealed, earbuds and canal phones. The best headphones for you will depend on how much money you have to spend as well as what you intend to use them for.
- The Headphones Guide
- 11 Best Headphones 2017
- 1. HIFIMAN HE1000 V2 Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphone
- 2. Sennheiser HD 800 S Reference Headphone System
- 3. Fostex USA 25-Ohms TH900 Premium Stereo Headphones with Japanese Lacquer Earcups and 1.5 Tesla Magnetic Circuit
- 4. Bose A20 Aviation Headset with Bluetooth Dual Plug Cable
- 5. Shure SE846-BLU Sound Isolating Earphones with Quad High Definition MicroDrivers and True Subwoofer
- 6. AKG Pro Audio K812PRO Superior Reference Headphone
- 7. beyerdynamic T1 2nd Generation Audiophile Stereo Headphones with Dynamic Semi-Open Design
- 8. Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone
- 9. Audio-Technica ATH-M50xDG LIMITED EDITION Professional Studio Monitor Headphones
- 10. AudioQuest – Nighthawk Wood Headphones
- 11. Beats Pro Over-Ear Wired Headphone – Gunmetal Aluminum
The Headphones Guide
- Sealed headphones are the best choice if you want to isolate any exterior noises. They will also keep whatever you are playing from getting out so if you are in work and you want to play some tunes without bothering your colleague then these would be the best choice for you.
- Open-air headsets are lighter in weight and deliver excellent sound quality, however they will not block out outside noise. It is also important to point out that they will also emit a small amount of noise which may disturb anyone who is sitting next to you. They are reasonably comfortable, however they may break more easily then sealed headsets.
- Earbuds are tiny headphones that fit right inside your outer ear and they are held in place with a band or clips. They are lightweight, however the sound quality is not the best and also it can be difficult to find a set that is the ideal fit for your outer ear.
- Canal headphones are the smallest out of the 4 types of headphones. They stay in place without the need for any clips or bands and they fit right into your ear canal. With these headphones no extraneous sound can get in and therefore they provide the highest levels of sound quality.
The standard headphones will have wires that hook into the TV, stereo, CD player or whatever you are listening to, however many people find wires can be quite limiting. Therefore many people prefer wireless headsets that use infra red technology or radio signals.
If you usually listen to your music in a place where there is a large amount of outside noise then you should consider choosing headphones that have a noise-cancelling feature. These headphones use microphones that pick up any external noises and “cancel” them out so that whatever you are listening to is clearer and there are no distractions. These types of headphones are often heavier than others; however they are very beneficial to anyone who works in a noisy environment.
It is also important to point out that headphones are also available in a variety of different colors and designs so when it comes to choosing the best headphones you should choose one that fits your own individual personality as well.
What is the best Headphone on the market? There are tons of Headphones out there, we did a lot of research on Headphones to save your precious time. Here is our best Headphones list of 2017:
1. HIFIMAN HE1000 V2 Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphone
The HE1000 V2 Planar Magnetic Open-Back Headphones from Hifiman have been updated from their previous model HE1000 headphones and offer redesigned earpads that are thick with an asymmetrical shape, a stronger cable, and polyester earpad surfaces instead of velour material to increase sound transparency for use in the home, studio, with portable devices, and more. World’s First Diaphragm in nanometer thickness. Advanced Asymmetrical Magnetic Circuit offering perfect reproduction of live music. Ergonomic and comfortable design fit for most people, with greater reliability and durability. Patented “Window Shade” System reduces sound reflection to gain wider sound stage.
2. Sennheiser HD 800 S Reference Headphone System
A modern classic, Sennheiser’s reference class HD 800 headphones deliver sound that is as natural as possible and true in every detail. Improving on a seemingly perfect formula is not a task undertaken lightly, but Sennheiser’s engineers have succeeded in enhancing still further the sound reproduction in the open, circumaural HD 800 S. The striking industrial design combines form and function seamlessly, the layered metal and plastic headband construction attenuating vibrations to the ear cups while the handmade microfiber ear pads offer exceptional comfort for even long periods of listening enjoyment. Crafted for perfection, the HD 800 and the HD 800 S are precision-built in Germany from only the finest materials and components. The transducer is encased by stainless steel, while the headband and headphone mounting utilizes the most advanced materials developed in the aerospace industry for high strength with minimal weight. The new HD 800 S offers even better high precision connectivity options and is now supplied with two connection leads, a 6.3mm connector and a XLR-4 balanced cable to offer even better quality sound from sources with balanced outputs such as the Sennheiser HDVD 800 headphones amplifier.
The TH-900 is the first high-end headphones form Fostex featuring the newly designed driver unit with1.5 tesla (15,000 gauss) magnetic circuit and bio-dynamic 50mm diaphragm, traditional Japanese lacquered “Urushi” finished craftsmanship housing and selected 7N OFC cable. All coming together to achieve the sonic goal of a wider stereo field, high resolution and transparent reproduction.”Biodyna diaphragm is made by Bio-cellulose fiber featuring low specific gravity, high Yang’s modulus and high internal loss at the same time to achieve 2 times high propagation velocity and 5 times high rigidity against the conventional plastic film based driver unit.
4. Bose A20 Aviation Headset with Bluetooth Dual Plug Cable
No matter why you fly, the Bose A20 Aviation Headset is engineered to improve the experience. It provides 30% greater noise reduction than conventional aviation headsets, which helps you stay focused on your flying. It provides clear audio with active equalization. And its minimal clamping force makes even your longest flights more comfortable. In addition, the A20 headset offers a full range of features, including a high-performance electret microphone with a Bluetooth audio and communications interface, customizable audio prioritization control with “mute” and “mix” settings and simple, intuitive operation for plug-and-fly convenience. You can choose the left or right ear cup to connect the mic. The A20 headset is certified to FAA TSO C139 standards. It’s among the lightest of all active noise cancelling headsets, with a weight of just 12 ounces. No other headset offers this unique combination of features and benefits.
5. Shure SE846-BLU Sound Isolating Earphones with Quad High Definition MicroDrivers and True Subwoofer
Evolved from personal monitor technology road-tested by pro musicians and fine-tuned by Shure engineers, the SE846 features a patent-pending design that includes a groundbreaking low-pass filter. This technology enables the deep low-end performance of a true subwoofer without sacrificing clarity or detail of mids or highs. Comfortable Sound Isolating sleeves block up to 37 dB of ambient noise, whether onstage or on-the-go. Customizable frequency response, detachable cables, and a wide variety of accessories ensure an unequalled, perfectly tailored listening experience for the most discerning audio enthusiast.
6. AKG Pro Audio K812PRO Superior Reference Headphone
The new headphone flagship pure and natural like nothing before The K812 superior reference headphones offer the most pure and natural sound possible. Designed for music professionals the K812 empower to experience the smallest sonic details with the most accurate balance for mixing, mastering as well as music production.
7. beyerdynamic T1 2nd Generation Audiophile Stereo Headphones with Dynamic Semi-Open Design
Like its predecessor the T1 second generation has a semi-open design, which features a spacious sound and detailed hi-fidelity. Furthermore, the T1 second generation has many optimized details. A highlight is the audiophile textile-coated, detachable connecting cable, which is shielded over its whole length and provides the best emission and radiation protection. Inside the cable conductors are made of OCC 7N copper to ensure an excellent music transmission. In order to connect the cable to the headphone, there are 2 x gold-plated mini jack connectors (3.5 mm) with a locking mechanism. In order to connect the cable to hi-fi systems, the other end of the cable is provided with a gold-plated mini jack connector (3.5 mm) and gold-plated screw-on 1/4″ adapter. As an option the connecting cable is also available with a 4-pin XLR connector for a balanced connection to appropriate headphone amplifiers. The high quality of the headphone is completed by viscoelastic breathable ear pads that enable a very pleasant comfort over several hours. The T1 is supplied with a special high-quality hard case for storage or transport.
8. Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone
If the HD 700 headphones were a music group, it would be equally gifted in every style. Whether classic, jazz or rock, it would have sound mastery of each genre. Regardless of what song it’s currently playing, its timbre is always warm and emotional. With its exceptional and unique range, reproduction of the lowest and highest tones that the human ear cannot consciously perceive is now achievable. This is a true maestro and an unforgettable listening experience suited for every musical taste.
9. Audio-Technica ATH-M50xDG LIMITED EDITION Professional Studio Monitor Headphones
As the most critically acclaimed model in the M-Series line, the ATH-M50 is praised by top audio engineers and pro audio reviewers year after year. Now, the ATH-M50xDG (limited edition dark green) professional monitor headphones feature the same coveted sonic signature, with the added feature of detachable cables. From the large aperture drivers, sound isolating earcups and robust construction, the M50x provides an unmatched experience for the most critical audio professionals.
10. AudioQuest – Nighthawk Wood Headphones
CES award-winner features earcups inspired by loudspeaker cabinets. The first original production headphone to use a 3d-printed par. Flexible headband ensures comfort, suspension system minimizes resonances. Trickle-down technology from audioquest’s state-of-the-art cables. Driver: 50mm dynamic | biocellulose diaphragm |1.2t split-gap motor.
11. Beats Pro Over-Ear Wired Headphone – Gunmetal Aluminum
Beats Pro headphones are designed for sound engineers, musicians, and those who take sound seriously. They’re the headphones that artists like Will.i.am use in the studio, and are designed to deliver the same level of emotion and power the artist originally intended. Beats Pro headphones sound so good because they bring back the quality lost in modern-day file compression. That means you’re really hearing music the way it was originally heard by the artist in the studio. Beats Pro are made of steel and aluminum, giving you an interior sound platform more solid than most. That’s why you’ll feel the kind of bass that resonates deep in your chest when you play your music. No cheap plastic, no frayed cords. Beats Pro headphones are made with an aluminum frame with a matte anodized finish, encasing overstuffed ear cups.