Multifunction printer also known as an MFP is a printer that incorporates the ability to function multiple devices in one. The advantage to this is to one save money from buying all kinds of office devices when you can buy a printer capable of doing all these tasks. Purchasing a multifunction printer will save space in your office or home by limiting everything down to one machine.
A multifunction printer can consist of a combination of all or some of the following devices:
With multifunction printers you can benefit in many ways from it:
- A photocopier you will be able to make copies of important papers, and documents to keep track of important information in case of any emergencies.
- With a scanner you can take documents of any kinds whether it’s a picture or a document and be able to scan it directly into your computer.
- While fax is not used very commonly it is still used by some today. A typical fax machine will cost more that the price of a multifunction printer that can do much more.
If you were to buy every one single machine to do each of these tasks then you would be spending thousands of dollars. When you can spend much less by buying a multifunction printer that can take care of each task.
Prices vary when dealing with multifunction printers:
- The cheapest printers only print in black and they have the least amount of features.
- While the more expensive MFP print in color and have the most amount of added on features.
- You can get a very good multifunction printer for a price range ranging from about $100 to $500 Dollars.
Depending on how and where the printers are going to be used will determine the price of the printer you will buy. The more expensive printers are larger, hold more paper, and have larger ink cartridges. This would not be an ideal printer for a house hold but more for a business or place that prints a lot of papers constantly. There are more economical friendly printers out there for individuals and households who only will be doing small printing jobs, but still wanting to have multifunction tasks.
Today multifunction printers are made by just about all printer manufacturing companies. The following companies are popular manufacturers of multifunction printers:
The best printer is the printer that best fits your needs. Here are some tips to keep in mind when looking for the best multifunction printer for your-self:
- First knowing how much you are going to be able to spend is very important so set a budget.
- Next you need to make a list of what features you really need to have on your printer that you will use, and a list of the ones that you won’t really need.
- Once your budget is set and you know exactly what you’re looking for start researching for printers.
- After you do this you should have a printer in mind or have your search narrowed down.
- The last step is to purchase you printer.
Look for the best deals online and at stores, make sure to take warranties into consideration because the can make the deciding factor of deciding for a printer.
- 11 Best Multifunction Printers 2017
- 1. Canon Lasers Imageclass D1550 Wireless Monochrome Printer with Scanner, Copier & Fax
- 2. Epson WorkForce WF-3520 Wireless All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer, Copier, Scanner, 2-Sided Duplex, ADF, Fax
- 3. Brother Wireless All-In-One Color Printer with Scanner, Copier and Fax (MFC9330CDW)
- 4. Canon Lasers color imageCLASS MF726Cdw Wireless color Photo Printer with Scanner, Copier & Fax
- 5. Brother MFC9130CW Wireless All-In-One Printer with Scanner, Copier and Fax
- 6. HP LaserJet Pro M225dn Monochrome Printer with Scanner, Copier and Fax (CF484A)
- 7. Brother MFCL2740DW Wireless Monochrome Printer with Scanner, Copier and Fax
- 8. Brother MFCL2700DW Compact Laser All-In One Printer with Wireless Networking and Duplex Printing
- 9. Samsung SL-M2885FW/XAA Wireless Monochrome Printer with Scanner, Copier and Fax
- 10. HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 Wireless All-in-One Photo Printer with Mobile Printing, Instant Ink ready (M9L66A)
- 11. Canon imageCLASS D530 Monochrome Laser Printer with Scanner and Copier
What is the best Multifunction Printer on the market? There are tons of Multifunction Printers out there, we did a lot of research on them to save your precious time. Here is our best Multifunction Printers list of 2017:
1. Canon Lasers Imageclass D1550 Wireless Monochrome Printer with Scanner, Copier & Fax
The all in one, Canon image class D1550 has print, scan, copy and fax capabilities so you can accomplish all necessary tasks with just one machine. With so many easy to use features, such as the intuitive 3.5 inch color touch LCD display, various mobile Solutions and security features, your daily workflow will be a breeze. Your professional quality documents are printed at speeds of up to 35 pages per minute in black and white with a quick first print time of 6.3 seconds or less. The machine features legal-sized platen glass for copying and scanning a variety of paper sizes. Eco-friendly, all mode duplexing right out of the box allows you to save on paper and related costs. The D1550 has wireless connectivity, increasing your productivity and allowing you to print from almost anywhere in your home or office, and you can easily connect your mobile device without a router using Wi-Fi direct. Print and scan on-the-go using your compatible mobile device with apple air print, Mopria print service and Google Cloud print. The Canon print business app allows users to print to and scan from the device to compatible iOS or Android devices. With NFC technology, you can easily “touch and print” to the D1550 using your compatible Android mobile device. Password protected department ID management helps business owners manage device usage for up to 300 IDs. Secure print helps keep confidential documents safe. Using USB direct print, easily print from and scan to your USB flash drive in JPEG, tiff and PDF formats. Your paper handling requirements are covered with the front-loading 500-sheet paper Cassette, 50-sheet dad, 50-sheet multipurpose tray, and additional optional 500-sheet paper Cassette (Cassette feeding unit U1), for a total paper capacity of 1,050 sheets. The D1550 uses only 1.9 watts or less of energy in wireless, energy saver mode, helping you save money on energy costs. This machine uses Canon genuine toner, cartridge 120 black.
2. Epson WorkForce WF-3520 Wireless All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer, Copier, Scanner, 2-Sided Duplex, ADF, Fax
The WorkForce WF-3520 is the hassle-free all-in-one that brings your business the World’s Fastest print speeds, plus automatic 2-sided printing/copying/scanning. It features a robust product design and a number of productivity boosting features, including a 250-sheet paper capacity, so you’ll reload paper less often. Versatile paper handling capability includes a 30-sheet Auto Document Feeder, plus a rear paper feed to accommodate envelopes, labels, card stock and other specialty media. Use the 2.5″ LCD with touch panel and built-in card slots to easily print, PC-free. And, get up to 40% lower printing costs vs. color lasers. The WF-3520 even includes wired and wireless connectivity for easy networking, plus EPSON Connect to print and scan from anywhere.
3. Brother Wireless All-In-One Color Printer with Scanner, Copier and Fax (MFC9330CDW)
The MFC-9330cdw is a fast, reliable digital color all-in-one (print/copy/scan/fax) for small businesses. It prints high-impact color and crisp black documents at up to 23ppm and features automatic two-sided printing, wireless networking and a 3.7″ color touch screen display. It’s compact and offers versatile paper handling with a 250-sheet capacity letter/legal paper tray and a single-sheet manual feed slot. This energy-efficient All-in-One has a deep sleep mode for conserving energy when not in use (uses <2W). The optional high yield color toners (approx. 2,200 pgs. each) can help lower your cost per page, and its top-loading design makes it easy to replace and install toner cartridges. You can also print wirelessly from your mobile device via AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Brother iPrint&Scan, and Wi-Fi Direct.
4. Canon Lasers color imageCLASS MF726Cdw Wireless color Photo Printer with Scanner, Copier & Fax
The 4-in-1, Canon Color imageCLASS MF726Cdw has print, scan, copy and fax capabilities so you can accomplish all necessary tasks with just one machine. With so many easy to use features, such as the intuitive 7-line Color Touch LCD Panel, various mobile solutions and security features, your daily workflow will be a breeze. Your professional quality color documents are printed at speeds of up to 21 pages per minute in both color and black and white with a quick first print time of 14.3 seconds. With Superior Color Imaging, your printed materials will be crisp and vibrant. All mode duplexing increases your business efficiency, allowing you to Print, Scan, Copy and Fax with ease.
5. Brother MFC9130CW Wireless All-In-One Printer with Scanner, Copier and Fax
If your small business is looking for a fast, reliable color all-in-one printer, the Brother MFC-9130CW may be exactly what you need. It takes big-business features like wireless connectivity and an intuitive 3.7 inch Color TouchScreen Display and packs them into an affordable, compact all-in-one designed to fit your small-business budget and workspace. It prints and copies brilliant color documents that help your business make an immediate professional impression and stand out in the crowd. It also scans to a variety of network and cloud destinations, and sends and receives faxes too.
6. HP LaserJet Pro M225dn Monochrome Printer with Scanner, Copier and Fax (CF484A)
Give employees the tools to finish a range of document tasks quickly—from anywhere. The value-packed HP LaserJet Pro MFP M225dn offers reliable, automatic two-sided printing with built-in networking and a large number of built-in and optional security features. Mobile printing options support productivity on the go.
Stay efficient with automatic two-sided printing and copying and a 35-sheet automatic document feeder.
Share the MFP via built-in networking—and safeguard data using security features.
Securely store print jobs, then print only what you need via secure authentication—right at the MFP.
Enable easy printing from your mobile devices at work, home, or on the go.
This HP Printer is compatible with Windows 10 (printer driver update may be required).
7. Brother MFCL2740DW Wireless Monochrome Printer with Scanner, Copier and Fax
This compact laser all-in-one with easy-to-install wireless networking, automatic duplex printing/scanning/copying, color touchscreen display, and mobile device connectivity provides fast, low-cost output for your home office or small office. The Brother MFC-L2740DW is a fast, reliable monochrome laser all-in-one designed squarely with the Small Office and Home Office (SOHO) user in mind. Its compact, desk-friendly size is ideal for smaller offices where working space is at a premium, and it prints and copies sharp, professional black and white pages at up to 2400 x 600dpi resolution. It offers the added benefits of time-saving single-pass duplex scanning, copying, and faxing from the automatic document feeder, so it’s ideal for the small office that has the need to duplicate, digitize and share double-sided documents. Thanks to its fast print speed of up to 32ppm, and automatic duplex printing, it’s ideal for printing business documents including multi-page reports, spreadsheets, invoices, and more.
8. Brother MFCL2700DW Compact Laser All-In One Printer with Wireless Networking and Duplex Printing
Monochrome laser all in one for small or home office use. Connect via wireless or wired networking or USB. Print and copy speeds up to 27 ppm. Color scanning, plus high speed faxing. Auto duplex printing. Adjustable letter/legal 250 sheet paper tray, 35 page auto document feeder. Print from compatible mobile devices over your wireless network.
9. Samsung SL-M2885FW/XAA Wireless Monochrome Printer with Scanner, Copier and Fax
Print, copy, scan, and fax using the all-in-one Xpress M2885FW Multifunction Printer from Samsung. This easy-to-use printer features NFC technology, which enables you to print documents or manage printer settings wirelessly, with just a tap of an NFC-enabled mobile device. The M2885FW can deliver sharp, high-quality prints at up to 29 pages per minute and features an Eco button and duplex printing to save on toner and paper.
Samsung Mobile Print app lets you print straight from a smartphone.
NFC-enabled to connect wirelessly to your mobile device.
Prints clear text and vivid images at 29 pages per minute.
Eco button helps reduce toner, paper, and energy use.
10. HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 Wireless All-in-One Photo Printer with Mobile Printing, Instant Ink ready (M9L66A)
This full-featured wireless all-in-one delivers professional-quality color for up to 50% lower cost per page than lasers. Stay productive and tackle high-volume print jobs with print, fax, scan, and copy versatility. Finish jobs in a snap with an all-in-one printer designed for fast, high-volume performance for the office. Quick two-sided prints and swift fax, scan, and copy speeds keep workgroups productive. Manage tasks easily with touchscreen digital shortcuts. Scan digital files directly to email, network folders, and the cloud with preloaded business apps. Easily print documents, photos, and more from a variety of smartphones and tablets. Help protect information and access to confidential print jobs with HP JetAdvantage Private Print.
11. Canon imageCLASS D530 Monochrome Laser Printer with Scanner and Copier
The 3-in-1, Canon imageCLASS D530 offers functionality, durability and efficiency in a high quality, reliable printer that is ideal for your office environment. The Canon imageCLASS D530 has print, scan and copy capabilities so you can accomplish necessary tasks with just one machine. Your professional quality documents are printed at speeds of up to 26 pages per minute in black and white, with your first copy in your hands in less than 9 seconds. The Canon imageCLASS D530 has a compact design that fits anywhere in your home or office and comes with a 250-sheet paper cassette and 1-sheet multipurpose tray.