- 10 Best Range Hoods 2017
- #1. XtremeAir PX02-W30, 30″ wide Wall Mount Range Hood
- #2. Kitchen Bath Collection ISL90A-LED Stainless Steel Island-Mounted Kitchen Range Hood, 36″
- #3. Stainless Steel 30″ x 20″ Wall Mount Range Hood with 900 CFM SV218B2-30
- #4. AKDY 30″ AZ-1801A-75 Under Cabinet Stainless Steel Range Hood
- #5. Golden Vantage Stainless Steel 36″ Euro Style Island Mount Range Hood
- #6. Kitchen Bath Collection STL75-LED Stainless Steel Wall-Mounted Kitchen Range Hood with High-End LED Lights, 30″
- #7. Z Line ZLKB36 Stainless Steel Wall Mount Range Hood, 36-Inch
- #8. AKDY 30″ Kitchen Wall Mount Stainless Steel Touch Panel Control Range Hood AZ63175S
- #9. Broan QS136SS 36-Inch Allure Range Hood
- #10. Broan QS130SS Allure Range Hood, Stainless Steel, 30-inch
About Range Hoods
Range hoods are ventilation fans used in cooking areas. There are numerous kinds of hoods all differing in venting capacities, shape, style, lighting and pricing. There are countless benefits offered by having hoods installed in one’s cooking area. These include keeping away bad odor, eliminating harmful gases, reducing moisture, grease, heat and generally maintaining cleanliness in the kitchen.
Range hoods are essential for keeping away smoke that emanates from our cooking equipment. Such air if left unattended results in carbon monoxide accumulation which poses serious health hazards. Hoods clean the air either by expelling it outside, a process known as ducted installation or by cleaning it with its installed filters, a process known as recirculating installation. The process of ducted installation creates healthy negative pressure which allows for clean air to infiltrate the entire house.
Cooking involves the production of hot and moist steam which makes the cooking area stuffy and the chefs to drip in sweat. The hoods assist in sucking in the moisture and expelling it without. Hoods also assist in creating a grease and moisture free kitchen. These elements are produced during cooking and usually settle on kitchen surfaces. The use of range hoods ensures sticky patches on our counters and cabinets are removed thus making the kitchen easier to clean. Advanced hoods have a timer that keeps the ventilators running after one is through with their cooking.
Range hoods allow for the preparation of exotic foods which are not considered because of their strong odors. It is easier to use ingredients such as roasted salmon, Durban,sardines, natto, curries and the most pungent flavors in a hood installed kitchen.
Some of the basic consideration to take into account when selecting hoods include; type of hood, brand and cost of installation. The major kinds of range hoods include island mount, wall mount( chimney style and canopy style) and under cabinet mount. There is also size considerations. Choose a hood depending on the measurements of your kitchen top. The brand of a hood is also important. Go for quality brand names such as Futuro Futuro, Miele, Kuppersbusch and Gaggenau. Installation of hoods is performed by contractors. Some hoods are packaged with the cost of installation and so one does not have to incur additional expenses. The prices of hoods ranges from $200 whereas a luxury design could fetch a price of $5,000 whereas custom hoods are worth over $10,000.
The use of range hoods allows one to maintain a clean and conducive cooking environment. There are also health benefits associated with hoods since people with allergies and respiratory conditions are sufficiently catered for. There are numerous kinds of hoods with different sizes, styles and models. Hoods are valued differently and also come with installation costs. One has to factor type, size and cost when choosing a hood for their kitchen. The Internet can prove resourceful for an extensive search for hoods that match our particular needs. An investment in hoods is no doubt beneficial in more ways than one.
The Importance of a Range Hood
Range hood is one of kitchen appliances that are highly under appreciated even if it’s the most important part of the kitchen. It is an exhaust fan that is placed on top of a range. It is there in order to remove the steam and heat cause by cooking. Thus, lessening the humidity and moist in the kitchen, preventing molds and mildew from forming. It is also an additional source of lighting in the kitchen.
Dangers can arise without a range hood in your kitchen such as a high level of carbon monoxide in the kitchen causing poisoning, poor air quality and excessive heat. The range hood works by filtering the air from damaging pollutants and drawing them out of the house. In doing so, it can protect the people in the house from any irritation. It also reduces the steam and smell in the kitchen when cooking making it more comfortable. It also prevents grease from forming. Aside from health, it adds stylish features in the kitchen therefore adding more value to house if you decide to sell your house.
If you want to have a range hood do some researches you’ll find that it has different types which are the following:
1. Wall Mount – this is gaining popularity among homeowners. This type of hood is large, stylish and professional looking. They usually come out on stainless steel. Often used as a wall when there is no available cabinet.
2. Under – cabinet Mount is the least expensive type of range. This traditional hood is known for having low stylish qualities. It is usually placed under a wall cabinet and attached to the exterior wall.
3. Island Mount has a sleek and stylish look compared to other under – cabinet models. It is known for its ability to retract its hood.
4. Microwave Mount is a range hood combination. It is known for having the ability to save space and dual purpose.
5. Ducted or Re – circulating: hoods can either be installed outside (ducted) or within the kitchen (recirculate). The recirculation offers owners the option of trapping the grease and smell through a carbon filter. While the ducted one means it removes a lot of hot air quickly cooling the kitchen.
6. Built In/Insert Blower Type Hood is the type known for its wood or metal hood and being able to hide its fan.
When buying a range hood one should consider the exterior, if it has a smooth surface, no crevices making it easy to be cleaned. The control is easy to operate and has readable letters. Next, the light can give additional illumination when needed and can be replaced easily. Lastly, the filter should be good. If it is made from aluminum it is cheaper and can be cleaned easily. They are usually reusable. That is why it should be clean every one to three months. Be sure to also get the measurement before purchasing one.
In order to make sure that your range hood is in top shape make sure to regularly inspect it. They can be cleaned by a solution of hot water and dishwashing detergent. By maintaining it, you can be sure to enjoy cooking everytime.
What is the best Range Hood on the market today? There are tons of Range Hoods out there, we did a lot of research on Range Hoods to save your precious time and money. Here are our best Range Hoods 2017:
#1. XtremeAir PX02-W30, 30″ wide Wall Mount Range Hood
- This XtremeAir wall-mount range hood is constructed of super thick stainless steel and features an ultra-quiet 4-speed motor
- Energy-efficient LED lighting and a remote control add even more functionality to this hard-working range hood
- CFM: 900, centrifugal blower
- Filter: Stainless steel baffle filters, super easy to wash (dishwasher-friendly)
- Oil container: Stainless steel oil tunnel
- Material: Super thick 1.0 mm, Non-magnetic, rustproof commercial grade high quality stainless steel
- Motor: Ultra-quiet dual Squirrel cage motor
- Sones: Minimum 1.5 (46dB), maximum 6.5 (67dB)
- Delayed power auto shut off (Programmable 1-15 minutes)
- Ducting size: 6-inch round duct vent on top
- Chimney: Telescopic flue accommodates 8 to 9-foot ceilings
- Voltage: 120V at 60Hz (USA & Canada Standard)
- Dimensions: 28.5 to 42 inches high x 29.5 inches wide x 20.5 inches deep
Pros: high quality stainless steel, built well, nice rounded corners and no sharp edges anywhere, the touch sensor buttons make it really interesting, LED lights are pretty bright, delay off button is nice, well made fan with excellent airflow, very powerful with 900 CFM, very quiet at low speed setting …
Cons: it is a bit noisy when it run at high speed setting …
#2. Kitchen Bath Collection ISL90A-LED Stainless Steel Island-Mounted Kitchen Range Hood, 36″
- Kitchen Bath Collection presents the ISL90A-LED, a 36-inch island-mounted stainless steel kitchen range hood with arched tempered glass and other high-end features at an incredible price!
- This range hood features a two-piece adjustable chimney with sleek curved edges, no visible welded seam on any of the four faces of the chimney, touch screen control panel, and three speed settings
- It also features four high-end LED lights, each with 49 bulbs
- Competing models have an average of 15 bulbs per light — that’s less than 1/3 the brightness!
- Don’t settle for a cheaper model with poor lighting — good visibility is important while using your stove!
- Also included are a flexible aluminum duct for easy attachment to the ceiling, two aluminum micro-cell grease filters (dishwasher friendly), a UL-certified motor, and charcoal carbon filters for optional vent-less installation (no additional kit required)
- Made from corrosion-resistant 304 stainless steel and built to last!
Pros: excellent hood for the price, the range is definitely made for higher ceilings, the quality is top notch, attractive and looks very modern, the controls are soft-touch which does not require you to push hard, LED lights look great in the evening, recommend to anyone remodeling their kitchen, great for anyone looking for an island extractor hood …
Cons: little on the noises side, assembly was quite a challenge …
#3. Stainless Steel 30″ x 20″ Wall Mount Range Hood with 900 CFM SV218B2-30
- Designed to elevate your cooking prowess in sleek style, the Cavaliere 30W in
- Wall Mounted Range Hood is a stunning addition to your kitchen
- This wall-mounted range hood is made of 19-gauge brushed stainless steel for a contemporary, commercial kitchen look
- Its high powered motor is as quiet as it is efficient at clearing the air
- The two dimmable halogen lights and touch sensitive keypad make it a breeze to use
- 6 speeds with timer function, Touch sensitive LCD keypad, Dish washer safe aluminum mesh grease filters
- Airflow: 900 CFM centrifugal blower, 2 dimmable 35-watt halogen lights, 30-hour cleaning reminder
- 1-15-minute programmable delayed power auto shut-off
- About Cavaliere: Cavaliere offers a complete stainless steel range hood collection
- They blend superior components with the latest technologies to create range hoods that cater to your needs
- Cavaliere has a special understanding of the kitchen environment, ergonomics, aesthetics, and integration within your home or workplace
- They specialize in wall-mounted, island, or under cabinet range hoods that make a statement in your kitchen
Pros: the price is right, it’s perfect for your modern kitchen remodel, sturdy construction, 6 fan speeds are great, very powerful, pushes a lot of air, beautiful lighting, front buttons activate the controls with the sense of your touch are soft to the touch and responsive …
Cons: high speed the fan was noisy, wish the lights were in front or middle but not in back, there is no dimmer for the halogen lights …
#4. AKDY 30″ AZ-1801A-75 Under Cabinet Stainless Steel Range Hood
- This 30″ under cabinet range hood features a contemporary European style design in high quality stainless steel
- This hood has 500 CFM Dual motors and features 2 LED lights which will illuminate all your cooking activities
- It also comes with easy-to-remove, dishwasher safe stainless steel baffle filters that will keep maintenance to a minimum
- Rated Frequency 60Hz (USA and Canada Standard). Motor power 198W
- Noise level 65db Maximum at highest speed. (Ultra Quiet Operation)
- LCD display screen with Time Clock
- Ventilation Top Vent pipe inner 8″
- ETL safety approvals within US and CANADA
- Equipped with gas sensor to maximize your protection
- Dimensions: 30″W x 22″D, Rated Voltage 120V
Pros: prompt delivery, great customer service, easy to install, good quality for a reasonable price, a nice addition to your stainless kitchen, it looks fabulous in the kitchen, heavy stainless steel finish, superior suction, suction power is great given the 3 speed functions, the fans are very powerful and do not make too much noise …
Cons: lights are not very bright …
#5. Golden Vantage Stainless Steel 36″ Euro Style Island Mount Range Hood
- Cooking under the AKDY 36″ RH0184 range hood was never better
- With a strong 400 CFM blower to move any unwanted smoke or odors, this range hood will be a shining focal point within nearly any kitchen design
- This island mount range hood has many features and innovations
- Three dishwasher safe stainless steel baffle filters remove any grease loaded up within the air, allowing the remaining smoke and odors to be safely vented out the house or passed through the carbon filter
- Four lights keeps the cooktop brightly illuminated should any night time cooking occur
- Built from quality stainless steel, this range hood can outlast the home it is housed in, if properly taken care of
- The convertible system can be used ventless/ductless with a carbon filter for homes with no available venting option
- Carbon Filters Not Included
Pros: great customer service, very nice for the price, the hood is beautiful, modern style, very powerful with a three-speed fan, works efficiently, provides openness between the kitchen and dining room, recommend to anyone looking for a free hanging exhaust hood …
Cons: straightforward install but it was a little challenging, wish the lights were a little brighter, the fan a bit noisy …
#6. Kitchen Bath Collection STL75-LED Stainless Steel Wall-Mounted Kitchen Range Hood with High-End LED Lights, 30″
- Kitchen Bath Collection presents the STL75-LED, a 30-inch wall-mounted stainless steel kitchen range hood with high-end features at a competitive price
- This range hood features a two-piece adjustable chimney with sleek curved edges, no visible welded seam on any of the three faces of the chimney, touch screen control panel, and three speed settings
- It also features two high-end LED lights, each with 49 bulbs
- Competing models have an average of 15 bulbs per light — that’s less than 1/3 the brightness
- Don’t settle for a cheaper model with poor lighting — good visibility is important while using your stove
- Also included are a flexible aluminum duct for easy attachment to the wall or ceiling, aluminum micro-cell grease filters (dishwasher friendly), and a UL-certified motor
- This model also includes charcoal carbon filters necessary for optional vent-less installation
- No additional kit is required! Made from corrosion-resistant 304 stainless steel and built to last
Pros: arrived in excellent condition, packaged well, the price can’t be beat, install was fairly easy, very nice addition to your kitchen, it fits well in standard cabinet spaces above range, very attractive fan with three speeds with auto shut off, moves allot of air on top of it, not too noisy, filters remove and wash easily by hand, the halogen lights are a nice touch, recommend to anyone seeking that high end look …
Cons: no issues only wish it put out a little more light …
#7. Z Line ZLKB36 Stainless Steel Wall Mount Range Hood, 36-Inch
- 36″ Wall Mounted Range Hood
- 4 Speed Push Button Controls, 3 Stainless Steel Dishwasher Safe Baffle Filters
- This Range Hood comes with blower and fan completely installed, and factory tested
- This makes the installation one of the easiest in the industry
- KB36B Wall Hood Power: 110 v/60 Hz Material: 430 Brushed Stainless
- Output: 1290 m3h/760 cfm Lighting: 2 – 20w Tilting Halogen Lights Controls: 4 Speed Touch Sensitive
Pros: it looks nice and professional, high end quality on an affordable budget, outstanding customer service, installed very easy, LED indicator on the front is nice, 4 fan speeds controls are nice and not found on other brands, it pulls out all steam and cooking smells, noise level is acceptable, has so many vent setting and adjustable lights, highly recommend to anyone looking to buy a hood in this price range …
Cons: the materials seemed flimsy …
#8. AKDY 30″ Kitchen Wall Mount Stainless Steel Touch Panel Control Range Hood AZ63175S
- This 30″ wall mount range hood features a contemporary Euro design in stainless steel
- The wall mount range hood has 400 CFM and features 2 x 2W LED lights
- Easy-to-remove, dishwasher safe anodized aluminum filters keep maintenance to a minimum
- The non-return air flap keeps heat from escaping when the hood is not in use
- The range hood is made of stainless steel with a brushed stainless steel finish
Pros: very easy to install, stainless steel very elegant, the lights are also a nice touch and are pretty bright, LED’s when lit by themselves at night make your kitchen look awesome, great price and performance, very little noise, a lot of power for this machine …
Cons: the controls are not intuitive …
#9. Broan QS136SS 36-Inch Allure Range Hood
- Designed to get the job done, the Broan 36-Inch QS1 Under Cabinet Range Hood is powerful, quiet, and efficient
- A 220 CFM fan knocks out cooking smoke and odors before they even have a chance of becoming a nuisance
- The best part is it does all of this 50 percent quieter than the typical range in its class
- On its normal setting, it operates at amazingly low 1.5 Sones
- Never again will you have to raise your voice or strain your ears to carry on a conversation when the hood is running
- Available in a variety of colors, this HVI Certified and UL Listed unit has a powder-coat finish to make cleaning painless
- And, its dishwasher-safe aluminum filter is practically maintenance-free
- Quick-access controls operate the fan speed and the two-level halogen lamps, making it easy to adjust the ventilation or lighting
- Ducted and non-ducted options. 220 CFM axial fan. HVI Certified and UL Listed
- Your choice of color. Dimensions: 36W x 20D x 7.25H Inch
Pros: this range hood is so sleek, classy look without the classy price, easy to install, the finish cleans up nice and shiny, sturdy and effective, works relatively quiet even on high speed, easy filter change, there are spaces for 2 bulbs and it lights up so pretty, recommend to anyone are looking for a nice inexpensive hood …
Cons: the manufacturer does not include or suggest a power cord, instructions could have been better …
#10. Broan QS130SS Allure Range Hood, Stainless Steel, 30-inch
- The QS1 Series is the new benchmark in under cabinet hoods in terms of style and value as well as quiet operation thanks to unique axial blade technology
- The hood delivers revolutionary performance and the brilliance of halogen lighting for greater satisfaction over standard hoods of the past
- The fully enclosed design and aluminum dishwasher-safe filters make cleaning easy
- Includes damper/adapter
- Ducted or non-ducted recirculation capability makes installation easy in most applications
- 3-1/4 in. x 10 in. adapter/damper and 7 in. round adapter included, optional 7 in. round damper (BP 87) to prevent backdrafts sold seperately
- For non-duct recirculation replaceable charcoal filters are available that simply clip on to the back of the grease filters sold seperately