- What is a Vacuum Sealer?
- Why You Need a Best Vacuum Sealer
- How to Choose the Right Vacuum Sealer for You
- 9 Best Vacuum Sealers 2017
- #1. VacMaster VP210 Chamber Vacuum Sealer
- #2. Weston 65-0201 Pro-2300 Vacuum Sealer
- #3. FoodSaver V3240 Vacuum Sealing System with Starter Kit
- #4. Cuisinart VS-100 Vacuum Sealer
- #5. Ziploc V151 Vacuum Sealer System
- #6. Nesco VS-02 Food Vacuum Sealer
- #7. Waring Pro PVS1000 Pistol Vac Professional Vacuum Sealer System
- #8. VonShef Vacuum Food Saver and Sealer System
- #9. Seal-a-Meal FSSMSL0160-000 Vacuum Sealer
What is a Vacuum Sealer?
Basically, a vacuum sealer is a device that sucks out air from a plastic bag and seals the bag using a heater that melts the plastic so they stick together and produce an airtight environment for whatever food or object you place in the bag.
This vacuum sealer typically features a suction motor and a heat sealer. But different sealers available in the market today feature other accessories such as a built-in cutter and a removable sealer, as well as added features.
There are two types of sealers: Automatic and Manual. For automatic sealers, all you need to do is place the opening of a bag into the vacuum sealer and it automatically sucks out air and seals. Manual sealers feature a latch that you lift and close to operate the sealer.
So basically that’s it. Sealers are mostly used for food items but they are highly versatile and can be used for a wide range of packaging purposes. A lot of people use it to store electronics, batteries, insurance papers, wills, birth certificates, passports, and other important materials that easily break down when exposed to air.
Why You Need a Best Vacuum Sealer
I tried to think of reasons why anyone should not use a vacuum sealer but seriously, I can’t think of one. I may be bias since I swear to how beneficial it is to my life but honestly, everyone can benefit from using this sealer – even if you don’t cook or prepare your own meals.
I want to share with you why you need a best vacuum sealer in your home, not just to convince you to get your very own but to share to you how much it can improve your diet and life in general. So I made a list of its benefits and why you should have one.
1. For Efficient Food Storage
How many times did you buy processed food such as bacon and ham, left them in the freezer, and forgot all about them to the point that they are no longer fit to cook? And how many times did you try to attempt going on a healthy diet with fruits and vegetables only to find them rotten after a few days?
Vacuum sealers give longer lives to your food, keeps their moisture, and prevents freezer burns and food clumping together. Most plastic bags used for sealers can withstand boiling temperature so you can prepare food in advance and place them in boiling water or in a microwave to have an instant meal.
2. For Safer and Healthier Food
Bacteria thrive on moist and warm environments. When you live in a warm climate, food tend to perish faster and easier because of microorganisms that proliferate with heat. Sucking air from the bags eliminate oxygen that could otherwise promote the growth of bacteria.
What you get are longer-lasting food that are clean and sterile for you and your family to eat.
3. For Faster Food Preparation
What do you notice when you place chicken cuts inside a regular bag in the freezer? When you take them out to cook, they’re incredibly hard as a rock and take so much time to tenderize. And the worst part is that they end up clumped together.
When you use a vacuum sealer, you just need to cut off the part of the plastic below the sealed melted part and it’s open. What you’ll discover when you use the vacuum sealer is that they’ll be just as fresh as the moment you stored them in the bag. No more waiting for the meat to tenderize and no more hard rock chicken that are clumped together.
How to Choose the Right Vacuum Sealer for You
Here are tips you can use to determine which of these vacuum sealers are great for your needs.
Will you be using the sealer everyday? How many bags do you plan to seal, how much food do you want to store, and how often will you be using it? Determine the frequency of your usage to figure out which machine will meet your demands. If you prepare food for a big family, then the Weston is ideal for you, while the FoodSaver FM 2000-000 is great for anyone living alone.
2. Space of Your Kitchen
If you live in a condo, then chances are, your kitchen space is very limited. You might not want to use the Weston vacuum sealer or the Nesco sealing system. Opt for the FoodSaver FM 2000-000 or the FoodSaver V2244 instead.
3. What Will You Vacuum Seal?
Are you planning on sealing fruits and vegetables? Then look for a vacuum sealer with a Crush Free or pulse feature such as the FoodSaver V3240. If you’re planning on sealing large cuts of meat, then the Weston is the best option. If you plan on sealing simple everyday meals, then the Seal-a-Meal option is great for casual sealers.
You don’t have to be a part of the food wastage status quo. Save your money by saving your food. Vacuum sealers may not be a popular kitchen appliance such as your basic oven, blender, or microwave but it should be an essential part of any modern kitchen.
It lengthens the shelf life of food, makes food preparation faster, stores leftovers, allows you to eat fresh fruits and veggies bought weeks before, and just basically gives you great and healthy food choices.
The very best vacuum sealer is not always the most expensive or the most popular, and the best food vacuum sealer is not always huge or packed with features. Based on my own personal experiences, this sealer is truly heaven-sent for anyone who values food, money, and healthy eating.
What is the best Vacuum Sealer on the market today? There are tons of Vacuum Sealers out there, we did a lot of research on Vacuum Sealers to save your precious time and money. Here are our best Vacuum Sealers 2017:
#1. VacMaster VP210 Chamber Vacuum Sealer
- The VacMaster VP 210 Chamber Machine provides a solution to the problem posed by vacuum packaging machines currently on the market: how to vacuum package liquids and liquid-rich foods
- Current machines on the market are suction machines, meaning air is vacuumed out of the vacuum bag, then the bag is sealed
- However, along with the air, liquids are also vacuumed out of the bag, leading to partial or failed seals
- The VP210 Chamber Machine uses different technology to eliminate this problem
- When sealing with our chamber machine, the vacuum bag to be sealed is placed inside the chamber of the machine, and the lid is closed
- Then air is sucked out of the entire chamber, not just the bag, allowing the air pressure on the inside and outside of the bag to remain equal and liquids to stay in the bag
- The bag is then sealed, and the air let back into the chamber
- In addition, the chamber machine can reach a higher level of vacuum
- Most suction machines obtain a 24-26 hg level of vacuum, while chamber machines are able to obtain a 27-29 hg level of vacuum
Pros: great semi-commercial sealer, industrial design, very easy to adjust the settings, it remembers the last programmed settings, great for packing fresh caught fish, can easily add marinades to meats, great for any type of food, can bag liquids with this machine, efficient chamber vacuum sealer …
Cons: it’s huge, very heavy machine, does have a rather large footprint …
#2. Weston 65-0201 Pro-2300 Vacuum Sealer
- This Weston Vacuum sealer is perfect for protecting domestic meats, game fish, vegetables or your personal possessions from the harmful effects that oxygen or freezer burn may cause
- Capable of sealing bags up to 15-inch wide, this sealer is the largest in the industry, making any big job a breeze
- Stainless stee
- 935 watts (120 volts, 60 Hz)
- Rapid vacuum & seal time
- Transparent lid for bag alignment
- Manual mode for sharp, delicate or moist foods
- Countertop vacuum sealer keeps food fresh 5 to 6 times longer
- Auto mode for one-touch operation or manual mode for a custom seal
- LED lights; extra-large Teflon bar can seal bags up to 15 inches wide
- Double-piston vacuum pump; transparent lid; fan-cooled motor; cord storage
Pros: great vacuum sealer for large or small jobs, outstanding and durable, heavy-duty, works great with bags of various sizes, has great transaction, seals like a dream, seals both wet and dry contents very well, pulls and seals fish perfectly, saves food in freezer perfect, no more loss-age to freezer burn …
Cons: a little to0 big to set on the counter but it worth it, the lack of a bulk bag cutter on the device …
#3. FoodSaver V3240 Vacuum Sealing System with Starter Kit
- The FoodSaver V3240 (V3200 Series) Vacuum Sealing System keeps food fresh up to five times longer than ordinary storage methods and prevents freezer burn
- This system removes air and moisture from specially-designed, multi-layer bags while sealing in flavor so that your food tastes as if it was bought yesterday even after being in the freezer for months
- Use it to freeze pre-made dinners that you can reheat during the week, to keep left over salad or pizza slices in the fridge for later, to deep-freeze cuts of meat, and much more
- The V3240 will not only keep your food fresh longer, but will also save you money by not having to throw away freezer-burned meat, moldy produce, or forgotten leftovers
- Manual operation with 2 vacuum speeds
- Moist/Dry food settings for optimal sealing
- Crush Free Instant Seal helps protect delicate foods during sealing process
- Convenient roll holder and bag cutter
- FoodSaver Vacuum Sealing Systems are engineered to work best with FoodSaver bags and rolls
Pros: super fast shipping, dependable vacuum sealer, compact, fits perfectly on counter, super wide so can fit a variety size of bags, super easy and effective, has great suction, excellent power for high volume packaging, someone mentioned that meat keeps for over a year with no freezer burn, it allows vacuuming of solids and liquids, money saver for sure …
Cons: makes a very loud noise when using, the cycle time is another downside …
#4. Cuisinart VS-100 Vacuum Sealer
- Keep favorite foods fresh and leftovers longer with the Cuisinart Vacuum Sealer
- Extracting air to seal in favor and preserve texture has never been easier, and you get more of all those healthy benefits that fresh food has to offer
- Easy locking system with simple three-button operation
- Instant seal feature for delicate items
- Integrated drip tray; accessory port; extra-wide sealing strip; bag cutter and vacuum hose store in unit
- Compact design; stainless steel accents
- Includes two 11-inch by 10-foot rolls, two 8-inch by 10-foot rolls, accessory port vacuum hose, bag cutter
Pros: nice appliance to improve your food health, lightweight, doesn’t take up much counter space, love the seal-able bags that came with it, simple and inexpensive, does a good job for vacuum sealing, seals thing nice and tight …
Cons: the cord is relatively short …
#5. Ziploc V151 Vacuum Sealer System
- Full size vacuum food sealer for 12″ wide bags and bag rolls, the best in Ziploc Quality
- Powerful motor is strong enough to crush cans with a vacuum of up to -27″Hg bar
- One-Touch vacuum and instant seal buttons with Pulse button for delicate baked goods and Canister port for evacuating accessories
- LED light changes colors to indicate function
- Easy clean vacuum chamber
- Ziploc Quality
Pros: great little product for a reasonable price, lovely modern design, small foot print on the counter, easy to use, sealing functions work flawlessly, food will stay fresh longer and taste better, can use any brand freezer bags with it …
Cons: a bit noisy when sealing, cycle time is about 20 seconds …
#6. Nesco VS-02 Food Vacuum Sealer
- Save time and money with the Nesco VS-02 Food Vacuum Sealer!
- Prepare whole meals in advance, save leftovers, and reseal foods such as potato chips and cereal in their original package
- Eliminate freezer burn, reduce spoilage and waste
- Fully automatic, one-touch operation and automatic shut off makes it so easy to use
- The unit has a powerful piston pump with a seal only switch to prevent over vacuuming and crushing of delicate foods
- Features switch to extend sealing time for wet items or tighter sealing
- This vacuum sealer can also be used to protect special papers and documents, or to keep supplies dry during camping or traveling
- A roller storage compartment includes bag cutter for added convenience
Pros: nice compact design, great simple vacuum bag sealer, price was right, quiet, fast, effective, it seals pretty well, works great for the bags supplied with it, works with all bags, keeps the food from freezer burn, the rolls that come with it are higher quality …
Cons: a little bulky, attachments difficult to find …
#7. Waring Pro PVS1000 Pistol Vac Professional Vacuum Sealer System
- Keep food fresher longer with the Pistol Vac Professional Vacuum Sealer System from Waring Pro
- This pistol-style sealer is highly portable and easy to use – it seals over 30 bags with one full charge and comes with a starter pack of 12 one-gallon and 12 one-quart bags
- Enjoy effortless food storage with the Pistol Vac
- Smaller and easier to use than conventional countertop sealing systems
- Heavy-duty rechargeable NiMH battery with charging stand for easy storage
- Refrigerate, freeze, boil and microwave in BPA free bags
Pros: nice compact size, easily handled, powerful and useful, takes up very little counter space, great for storing leftovers, comes with many reusable bags, has enough suction for most of thing, recharges easily, charges last a long time …
Cons: bags a a bit expensive but they are reusable …
#8. VonShef Vacuum Food Saver and Sealer System
- The VonShef Vacuum Sealer is perfect for preserving, storing, marinading and sous vide style cooking
- Exposure to air causes food to lose nutrition and flavour, enabling bacteria, mould and yeast to grow
- The VonShef vacuum sealer removes air and seals in flavour and quality so you can now enjoy the benefits of a scientifically proven food storage method that keeps food fresh up to five times longer in your own home
- The VonShef vacuum sealer enables you to bulk cook meals and allows you to preserve highly perishable seasonal produce, keeping them fresher for much longer
- Vacuum packaging also speeds up marinating times considerably, meaning you can achieve that great marinated taste in minutes instead of hours!
- Vacuum sealing is perfect for use with a Sous Vide, a technique in which vacuum-sealed food is placed in a water bath and cooked at a very precise, temperature
Pros: affordable, smaller, compact, small footprint, easy to store away, not noisy, easy to use, automatically vacuums,, no freezer burn or any weird discoloring, saves time and money …
Cons: someone mentioned that there was still air in the bag …
#9. Seal-a-Meal FSSMSL0160-000 Vacuum Sealer
- Keep your busy kitchen running smoothly with help from this easy-to-use Seal-a-Meal vacuum sealer
- A great introduction to vacuum sealing, this basic model makes vacuum sealing a breeze
- Simply add the item to be stored to the bag, place the open end of the bag into the sealer’s drip tray, and lower the lid
- Press firmly on both sides of the lid until the “Hands-Free” indicator light illuminates–the machine takes it from there
- After completing the vacuum sealing cycle, both the motor and the “Sealing” indicator light will turn off
- A push of the “Open/Cancel” button cancels the process at any time or raises the lid when finished so you can remove the vacuum-sealed bag
- The Seal-a-Meal vacuum sealer accommodates 8-inch, 11-inch, quart-size, and gallon-size heat-seal bags and rolls
- Seal-a-Meal includes 4-quart bags to get you started
- The Seal-a-Meal vacuum sealer features smooth surfaces that wipe clean effortlessly, and its removable drip tray catches overflow liquids and can go in the dishwasher (top rack) for less mess and quick, convenient cleanup
Pros: fast shipping, good packing, perfect for home use, can’t beat it for the price, lightweight, compact for easy storing, doesn’t take a lot space in small kitchen, easy and efficient, it works beautifully, reliable sealing, vacuums bags up nice and tight, save you a lot of food …
Cons: makes a lot of noise …